+1

Gas In Oil - Revisited

I've read a lot of old threads on gas in oil and all of them just tend to end without a final resolution. Many people named the culprit as the oil temps being too low. I'm looking for people to tell me how they cured it. Did you reroute cooling lines? Does anyone have a diagram of how the lines were rerouted? Any info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ercBOOSTED; 07-27-2013 at 08:35 PM.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Too much cooling will cause the ECU to Enrichen the unit because it thinks it's cold......if you ride around running too rich and a cold engine it will load up and put raw fuel in the crankcase, from fuel leaking through rings. Best thing to do is install a TTO temp gauge and mointor your setup.....Being up in Pittsburgh PA I doubt you really need any kind of cooling modification. Your temps should be 140-160 any cooler than 140 the ECU thinks its cold.

I seen people who removed there thermostat.....that is a big NO NO because its hard to get the motor up to operating temp. I overkilled my cooling I ran R&D addl thermostat and ran 2 addl cooling lines......I was overcooling my engine and it actually hurt performance.....I wind up shutting off the addl thermostat, and 1 waterline......now my unit runs 150-160 running hard and 140 just cruising around.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I see R&D Engine and intercooler cooling kit with JD1 mods.........If you removed your thermostat......reinstall it, and add shutoffs to some of those cooling lines.....you have 2 plus a Intercooler line I'd shut off the additional water lines and reinstall thermostat

+1
    Ya I had the r & d kit installed a long time ago and had the gio problem. I really didn't ride much the last two years but now I'm trying to get everything running properly.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Install your thermostat and remove exhaust restrictor plate......add shut offs to the 2 water lines......that should get your temps up

+1
    Does anyone happen to have diagrams of the stock cooling vs the r & d cooling so I know what I need to switch back? I forget

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Leave the cooling lines just add Shutoff's to them from Home depot.....then Reinstall your thermostat, and remove the waterbox/exhaust restrictor plate.....that will get you on the water quickly......in fall you can remove that stuff and have more time.....need to be riding not wrenching LOL

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The "gayspray" outlet needs to be shut off......that hooks up to Tee under exhaust pipe, then You drilled and tapped a fitting on your rectifier.....that line needs a shutoff as well......then install thermostat, and remove restrictor plate from exhaust/waterbox

+1
    I'll play around when I get back home. I put my oem breather back in instead of the jd catch can. That worked like a charm. No more oil spraying out the filter. Now I need to get the oil temps up and I will be good to go.

Thread Information