Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris 95 SL 750 By Passing the Trim

Just wondering if anyone, considering the awful trim mechanism that always goes bad on these skis, has come up with a viable way of just making it manually adjustable, with a cable run up to the dash, and just have a lever with detents for adjusting it or something. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ham

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandwich View Post
    Just wondering if anyone, considering the awful trim mechanism that always goes bad on these skis, has come up with a viable way of just making it manually adjustable, with a cable run up to the dash, and just have a lever with detents for adjusting it or something. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ham
    Hortible trim? Trim does not go outb often on these skis?

+1
    I don't think I've ever heard of a trim unit failing on a Polaris ski. The VTS on the SeaDoo skis were notorious for failing, electronics, trim motor, etc all had some form of failure.

What is the issue you are having with yours that makes you want to swap in a manual system?

The 94 750 SLT has manual reverse kinda the same. Lever on the side by the seatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0794.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	308366
    I heard you can put a trim unit on the pump with no problem.

Banned User
    +1
    Is your trim currently working? The only issues i have ever seen are the motors getting rusty. But it would have to be getting really wet for that to happen

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Is your trim currently working? The only issues i have ever seen are the motors getting rusty. But it would have to be getting really wet for that to happen

We've had probably 5 of these ski's, every single one the trim motor was bad. It's basically an R/C 540 motor in an unsealed box, they rust right solid, not to mention the little gearbox's, usually seize right tight. Horrible trim system??? Yes!, horrible trim system. Ohhhh and by the way, Horrible MFD's while we're at it. Who's brainchild was that C.F.?

+1

We've had probably 5 of these ski's, every single one the trim motor was bad. It's basically an R/C 540 motor in an unsealed box, they rust right solid, not to mention the little gearbox's, usually seize right tight. Horrible trim system??? Yes!, horrible trim system. Ohhhh and by the way, Horrible MFD's while we're at it. Who's brainchild was that C.F.?
    I currently own 6 skis, NONE of them have bad working Trim systems,

Banned User
    +1

It actually is in a sealed box. If your box leaks that's the cause of your issues. I have had 6 different Polaris machines with trim, and never an issue or a speck of corrosion on any of them.

If you look closely sometime you will see that it is not sealed. There is a drain hole in the bottom of it, which of course acts in reverse allowing water to spew up into it. But, anyway, I dunno maybe I was just unlucky with these things. A manual system would have been, and is, much much better. That's what I'm going to do, I just have to find, or make, a lever with a detent so it stays where you put it. Just bought 2 more skis, we'll see if these work. And please just put in gauges. KISS....Keep is simple stupid.

Banned User
    +1
    Can you post a picture of this supposed drain hole?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information