Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Daughters first ride today!! Made my day as well!

Took my daughter for her first ride today! She's 17 months old. I had the proper best on her. She loved it especially when we hit a blistering 10mph and turned sharp. Can't wait till she's older so she can ride more then just around the dock like we did. Definitely made my day as well my wife said are you happy now cause I've been wanting to take her on it all summer. It's funny how the little things make you happy. Now if j could only figure out how to post a pic? Ill post it soon

+1
    I remember my daughters first time about three years ago at about 10 years old after driving around i let her sit on front and control a bit. After a little getting used to it we were going full throttle and she was screaming . I thought she had pulled full throttle and got scared and her hand had frozen so I pulled her hand off to get control. She was mad at me for taking over. She was just enjoying the ride. Her nickname is full throttle now.

+1
    Haha that's great. Kids are funny. Now we walk by the ski and she points and when people ride by she points. I created a monster!!

+1
    It is just the begining, ... you have ski addict in your presence Ha Ha Be safe & keep building those memories.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Haha that's great. Kids are funny. Now we walk by the ski and she points and when people ride by she points. I created a monster!!
    LOL I did the same to my youngest daughter and now she's 10 riding a stand-up on her own. You'll pay for that monster!
    Use photobucket and get that pic up.
    Be safe and have fun. It is a great family sport.

Full Throttle.... Make it FT for short...lol
    We are going to the lake tomorrow so daughter (and the rest of us) can ride/swim/relax/enjoy. I like to go on weekdays so she can ride when it is not so busy. Less traffic = safer for her.
    Have a great day guys and thanks for sharing good stuff.

is there an official min age for kids to be on a jet ski...i always have some kind of state or park po po check my documentation at the dock where i ride...would hate to be surprised.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Took my daughter for her first ride today! She's 17 months old. I had the proper best on her. She loved it especially when we hit a blistering 10mph and turned sharp. Can't wait till she's older so she can ride more then just around the dock like we did. Definitely made my day as well my wife said are you happy now cause I've been wanting to take her on it all summer. It's funny how the little things make you happy. Now if j could only figure out how to post a pic? Ill post it soon
    Nice! Get them started early. Our kids have been riding ours for years and we have a lot of great memories on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Row2k View Post
    is there an official min age for kids to be on a jet ski...i always have some kind of state or park po po check my documentation at the dock where i ride...would hate to be surprised.
    As long as you are with them and everyone has a vest you should be okay, but laws differ from state to state. Now operating by themselves is another story; in Florida to operate a vessel powered by a motor of 10 horsepower or greater (including PWCs), a person 21 years of age or younger must have completed a boater education course, and carry both the card and ID at all times they are on the water. No one under 14 years of age may operate any PWC on Florida waters at any time, even if they possess a Boating Safety Education ID Card.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    As YoYamma says each state/waterway has it's own laws.

In Ca. what we do with my daughter (10 yrs.) is NOT legal. But I check in with Rangers/Sheriffs when we arrive and tell them what we will be doing and they are okay with it. They just do not want to see any "Horseplay" and unsafe acts being done. They do NOT officially say it is okay but nod & wink as they go by. Technically they could ticket us anytime they want.

Law is similar in Ca. as in Fl. it appears:
    California law requires a person to be 16 years of age or older to legally operate a vessel powered by a motor of 15 horsepower or more, including personal watercraft (PWCs).

Exceptions to this law are:

Persons 12 to 15 years of age may operate a vessel powered by a motor of 15 horsepower or more, including personal watercraft, if they are supervised on board by a person at least 18 years of age.

There is no age restriction for operating a sailboat under 30 ft. long (with wind as the main source of propulsion) or a dinghy used between a moored vessel and shore or between two moored vessels.

It is illegal to permit a person under the age of 16 to operate a vessel powered by a motor of 15 horsepower or more, including personal watercraft, without on board supervision by a person 18 years of age or older.

thx, ill have to check the laws in NJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information