Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Problems with seadoo 951 motor

My jet ski is a 2001 with only 51 hours on it. When I first put it in the water, it started right up but as soon as I went to open the throttle, it would bog down or stall. I could cruise around at 25-3000 rpm's but anything after that would shut it down.
    So I ran two tank fulls of gas with Seafoam in it and that did help a lot. After that I could get it up to 5500-6200 rpms ( specially if I pulled the choke up 1/4 of the way). But obviously it wasnt 100%.
    Yesterday I had a guy come and clean the carbs but I'm still having problem. I cant get it pass 5000 rpms with out stalling and my "choke trick" doesnt work anymore.
    Its also acts like the trottle opens and shuts even if I have the throttle full open. Its like if you're in a car and keep pressing and backing off the gas peddle.
    Any ideas whats going on?

+1
    have you replaced the fuel lines yet? check the two or three stickies above you, they goover fuel system problems. check, lines, fuel switch, etc.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like your mechanic may have told a fib, pull the carbs and clean the screens and change the fuel lines if you havent already. may have to pull the gas tank too and get the crap out of the bottom. clean the prefuel filter too. Check your setting on the screws and return them to stock if they aren't and adjust if you have to from there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Sounds like your mechanic may have told a fib, pull the carbs and clean the screens and change the fuel lines if you havent already. may have to pull the gas tank too and get the crap out of the bottom. clean the prefuel filter too. Check your setting on the screws and return them to stock if they aren't and adjust if you have to from there.
    You dont think he cleaned the carbs?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlips723 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    You dont think he cleaned the carbs?
    He may have cleaned the filters but it sounds like the needle and seats are sticking and that tells me that he didn't rebuild them just cleaned them. Check the settings o. The carbs. There is a sticky at the top of this 2 stroke page called "two stroke info" it has your stock carb settings in it.

+1
    I just took it out again. If I press the throttle half way and hold it there, it gets up to around 5500 rpm and back down to around 3000 rpm and it goes back and forth like that. Again, thats with the throttle being held study halfway down.

He says that it needs a "reads" which regulates the amount of gas and air into the carbs

+1
    Check your accelerator pump!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeljet View Post
    Check your accelerator pump!
    Where is that?
    I took it out again yesterday and I can keep it at around 6200 rpm if I pull the choke halfway up. Does that mean dirty carb?

+1
    i would really stop driving it till you figure the issue out. sounds dangerous.

accelerator pump is on the side of the carb. you can see it with the air box off. need an inspection mirror maybe, it should spray when you hit the throttle

I had a similar problem on my hx . I found it by riding it and then shutting it off then quickly looking the engine over. I found a small fuel leak that didnt seem like much but when the engine is running the entire fuel system is under vacum and this allowed air to enter the fuel lines starving the engine and not allowing max rpm. Fixeed the leak and it was 100% right away. Just something to check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information