Help 96 wave venture

I have a problem I just bought my ski it had sit for two year did plugs and it runs but only up to 35 mph any ideas do the carbs need
    rebuild please give some ideas and how fast do they the best I read is About 60
    Last edited by Nettles; 07-28-2013 at 11:46 AM.

+1
    prolly too cool to ride now, but thhe 700's would do mid 40's, the 760 and 1100 low 50's.

+1
    Good chance that the carbs do need rebuilt. You can try using some good fuel system cleaner in the gas, but you'll have to go through quite a bit before it gets them cleaned out. If you didn't use Sta-Bil or another preservative in the fuel before you stored it and run it long enough to get in the carbs, it probably caused a varnish build up in the carbs. Seemslike it cost me about $300 to have all 3 carbs built on my old 1100.

Rebuild carbs, replace all fuel lines and fuel filter.....drain gas and put new gas in. Get rid of oil injection with oil block off kit and go premix. Don't use any "fuel system cleaner" other than stabil( marine stabil at that). After that you should be good to ride that yammi into oblivion as they are stone cold reliable.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    don't bother with fuel "cleaner" it does more harm then good.

sitting that long the carbs need to be gone thru before you blow the engine up.

in regards to speed..anybody who said 60 meant Kilometers per hour....

don't screw with the oil injection just yet..get the ski running well first then if you want, dump the injection ( personally I would not)

Oh yeah..Welcome to the Hulk.

+1
    I just recently changed my mind about the oil injection, I have a 97 WRIII, 96 Raider 760, 95 Raider 700, and 95 Venture 700, all with oil injection abandoned. I really did my research, and have concluded that its the oil lines that get dry and pop off. Do your research and make your own decision, but I feel confident enough that I paid the money to buy the parts to reinstall oil injection on ALL my skis. Don't just blindly abandon the injection, because premixing for a pair, or in my case four skis sucks! But if you do keep it, ensure your lines are properly fastened with the right clamps. Factory tie wraps have caused a lot of blown cylinders....so beware!

Thread Information