Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie!!

Newbie!!

Hello all!

I just took a 2001 Polaris Pro 1200 in as a trade for my 99 Suzuki GSXR600. I had a turmor in my forehead that was removed last year, but it caused too much pain with a helmet on to ride longer than 3-5 minutes.

Im new to the pwc world, but do have a 96 Sea Ray Sea Rayder. The engine on the 1200 was rebuilt in 2011 and has records for it all from a local marina, and a new battery this past June. Im taking it out for the first time tomorrow as its been a cold/wet weekend here in Michigan.

I do know that I will have some body work to do this fall, and the seat needs a little TLC. I have a new cover and the foot traction pads shipping soon. I have also read up on the painting thread as it was very informative.

I am looking for two parts. One is the overlay for the gauge pannel. The guy said he replaced to twice, but once it got wet, it would come off again. The second piece is the rear left corner bumper trim. Anyone have one, or can you point me in the right direction? Looking forward to learning about the ski on here!

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the hulk!

Use to have an early 90's SeaRayder myself. Do you have the 90hp or 120hp SportJet engine? You should throw some pictures up in the jetboat forum.

The decals for the Multi Function Display (MFD) can be found on eBay in various colors and patterns for about $6-7. eBay is also your best bet for the corner trim.

Great News!! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by faith&firepower View Post
    Im taking it out for the first time tomorrow as its been a cold/wet weekend here in Michigan.
    But the good news is the lake is usually wide open. All the weenies are tied up to the dock! My son and I are going jet skiing after dinner today!

Taking the pro out tonight for the first time!

+1
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151055460056...84.m1423.l2649

Check his other items if you want a different color.

Thanks! Just ordered 2 to keep one as a back up. I didn't know that the other models used the same digital gauge set up.

Got my decals yesterday. They look great, except I think my MFD is missing the top bezel based on the repair nad removal how to's. Is this a part that anyone has an extra laying around they would sell? Thanks!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by faith&firepower View Post
    Thanks! Just ordered 2 to keep one as a back up. I didn't know that the other models used the same digital gauge set up.
    I should point out that some versions of the MFD have the positions of the fuel and oil gauges swapped. Some have fuel on the left, some have fuel on the right. Make sure your new decal matches the actual MFD you have.

There was never a decal on it, its a 2001 Pro 1200. I haven't had it out on the water long enough to see a drop in the gas gauge or oil, so I don't know which side shows each one respectively yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information