Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2000 gp1200r help..

Recently picked up this machine but I have a few questions... I'll look around forum in meantime but any help will be appreciate from those with a similar ride..

Where does everyone pickup their yamalube w2 from? I'm sure most don't use it, if not which do you recommend? And how often do you add it. Picked up the machine last Thursday...used it enough to burn 1/2 gas so far, and oil light came on today...guy at marina put in some tcw3.... Not sure if there was ever a D plate installed. Is there an easy way to tell?

also, I know I need to replace the choke lever (its broken off) so it takes me a few to get it started when its sitting for a day. It seems to be sluggish up until about 10 mph then when it kicks in it flys and there's no issues.. I'm assuming this will be solved when the choke lever that's broken off is replaced?

thanks y'all

Also,I haven't gone out yet when water was calm but fastest I've gotten it was 50... Not sure if that's also effected by the choke that needs to be replaced...

Banned User
    +1
    Yamalube w2 is a decent oil but really gums up everything. Use amsooil interceptor if its local IMO. Here's where I bought it before I knew any better
    http://domo-online.com/Outboard-Moto...dex&cPath=4_12

If the d plate is installed there will be a chip installed on the end of your plug for the exhaust. See the write up in yammi section
    When's carbs been rebuilt? New fuel and plugs should be installed along with fuel filter

Any thoughts on the choke? And issue of being sluggish when I first start??

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Yamalube w2 is a decent oil but really gums up everything. Use amsooil interceptor if its local IMO. Here's where I bought it before I knew any better
    http://domo-online.com/Outboard-Moto...dex&cPath=4_12

If the d plate is installed there will be a chip installed on the end of your plug for the exhaust. See the write up in yammi section
    When's carbs been rebuilt? New fuel and plugs should be installed along with fuel filter

Banned User
    +1
    Sluggish could be too lean or too rich, fuel issue. When were carbs rebuilt? How old is fuel? Fuel lines? Fuel filter?
    Choke issue- put a primer system on it

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Sluggish could be too lean or too rich, fuel issue. When were carbs rebuilt? How old is fuel? Fuel lines? Fuel filter?
    Choke issue- put a primer system on it

i was told the carbs were rebuilt a couple years ago.... the fuel was just added by me last week.. i put in 91... the oil was also recently changed, i just acquired the jet ski last week and it wasnt in the water yet this summer, i picked it up from the place that was summerizing it.... so plugs and battery i believe are also new....

the primer system is something i'll do in the offseason... for now though i'm looking for a choke lever... which is what is making it difficult to start when it is cold right?... would it affect performance from 0-10 mph? or keep my top speed from hitting over 50?

Banned User
    +1
    No choke will make for a hard start when cold yes. The carbs sound like they need adjusted. Wfo performance did mine, great work and even better guy to deal with

i'm in NY so he's nowhere near me.. id have to bring it somewhere more local haha...

if i wanted to add a d plate and primer kit...where would you recommend buying online?

Banned User
    +1
    Contact Wfo he can hook you up. Btw I'm in Ohio and just shipped mine to him. Number 1 issue along with fuel lines popping off that destroys these skis.

Get a set of wave eaters as well

not sure what those are but i'll look into them..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information