Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why is my VXR so slow?

WTF! I have a 2011 VXR with 63 hours on it. I have the Riva FF exhaust, Riva breather kit, and R&D plenum kit. In smooth water with a 1/2 tank or less it has done a best of 67.7 MPH on GPS. Same stock, same after the exhaust, and now the same after the intake. What the hell! This should be a 69-70 MPH ski at this point right? I don't want to keep throwing money at it if nothing is going to happen. Thoughts?

+1
    Take the ribbon out

+1 in the ribbon delete. I just pulled it on both my VXS' and simply removed the air filter out of the box and I'm at 69.5 on my GPS with both of em. And no, I didn't use those PVC inserts sold by Riva. I just pulled the whole ribbon assembly out and bolted everything back up. Easy really. Cheap too.

Forgot to mention, already did that mod.

+1
    Why would you do all that for 3 mph? Why didn't you just buy a FZR/FZS? They blow right up to the governed limit of 68-70 with no sweat....and I cannot tell the difference, without GPS, between 67 and 70mph anyway.....too busy holding on and hearing the wind roar to look down. Feels like I stuck my head out of the airplane window. ha ha

I have a 2013 FZS. Its too fast.

wow Mine feels plenty fast and its stock with 6HRS. race 2013 FZS with 40hrs and pulled it by almost 2 skis and raced a bolt on fzr he beat me by 1 1/2 skis

+1
    I beat my buddy's 2013 fzs every time with just ribbon out and better air filter and get better gas mileage while I'm beating him

+1
    Shit your only .1 mph off me with ribbon delete, custom 3.5 inch air intake, rear exhaust, Riva water box, custom ram air cowling, frogzskin venting in the rear. I'm hitting Rev limiter on take off, cavitating like a MO FO. Spend the money it's a fun hobby. Lol. Oh I added a jet trim seat cover that was good for .9mph. J.K.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Shit your only .1 mph off me with ribbon delete, custom 3.5 inch air intake, rear exhaust, Riva water box, custom ram air cowling, frogzskin venting in the rear. I'm hitting Rev limiter on take off, cavitating like a MO FO. Spend the money it's a fun hobby. Lol. Oh I added a jet trim seat cover that was good for .9mph. J.K.
    Bryant u need a prop to keep you off the limiter.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
    WTF! I have a 2011 VXR with 63 hours on it. I have the Riva FF exhaust, Riva breather kit, and R&D plenum kit. In smooth water with a 1/2 tank or less it has done a best of 67.7 MPH on GPS. Same stock, same after the exhaust, and now the same after the intake. What the hell! This should be a 69-70 MPH ski at this point right? I don't want to keep throwing money at it if nothing is going to happen. Thoughts?
    Have you shimmed the plate?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information