Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clutch problem

Clutch problem

Hello, I have a problem with my 255 seadoo, for the fourth time I burn the clutches of the supercharger. After removing the PTO and checked everything was obliged not understand the problem. My nozzle is free of lubrication oil pumps are good valve oil pressure is good but with a single spring, but I can not find the problem. The bike is not mine, but a client of mine who uses the bike so, he does not drive straight but he can only do 360 degrees for 10 times raggingendo always the RPM limiter, I think that the problem may be the single spring on the valve I would like to update that adjusts the pressure as the new bikes with 2 springs, what do you think? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Hello, I have a problem with my 255 seadoo, for the fourth time I burn the clutches of the supercharger. After removing the PTO and checked everything was obliged not understand the problem. My nozzle is free of lubrication oil pumps are good valve oil pressure is good but with a single spring, but I can not find the problem. The bike is not mine, but a client of mine who uses the bike so, he does not drive straight but he can only do 360 degrees for 10 times raggingendo always the RPM limiter, I think that the problem may be the single spring on the valve I would like to update that adjusts the pressure as the new bikes with 2 springs, what do you think? thanks
    If someone is ragging it doing 360s like its a dang rental car I bet he is burning up clutch washers! Have you told him they are not really designed to take a beating like that? Which washers though and did they break or???

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    If someone is ragging it doing 360s like its a dang rental car I bet he is burning up clutch washers! Have you told him they are not really designed to take a beating like that? Which washers though and did they break or???
    Ocman Hello, I think I have used more than one hundred supercharger kit with new washers no problem, he can burn washers, his style of driving just 360 rpm continuously for 10 to 10 laps left and then to the right all the time this is her way have fun, do you think he's crazy? everything is ok pumps, oil spray good the only thing I'll do is put two springs on the pressure regulator and then good luck. thanks

+1
    Not only will he burn up the clutches like that he will get an overheat/hi temp warning and do damage to the motor that way.....Your customer needs to learn how to ride because his way of riding is going to be very bad to his ski!!!

Sounds like pretty soon he will overheat then have head gasket issues if he keeps it up.....

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the issue of doughnuts is that water flow from the pump is disrupted ( as this maneuver depends on cavitating the pump) which will lead to an exhaust and carbone seal meltdown.

I get a couple of seadoos in every season where the rubber boot on the driveshaft was melted from lack of water. I love it. Great money as the ski typically sinks when this happens requiring a clear out and ever now and then the folks bend a rod trying to start a hydro locked engine.

The heat exchanger isn't happy either during this maneuver..when you consider the heat load of a high performance three cylinder engine with that small heat exchanger, you can see why engine temps would rise quickly.

No doubt the supercharger is slipping like crazy.

Folks that drift with their cars wonder why they have massive amounts of wheel bearing, driveshaft and tire failures

perhaps the use of synthetic oil is a factor here as well..

what's in there?

+1
    I think he might be trying to say the guy drives in circles like a closed course type track?

+1
    +1 on what kind of oil is he running???

I've beat on quite a few x models and never had a clutch failure.

If he's running full synthetic oil I bet that's causing it.
    I'd also put new bearings in the charger before he has a catastrophic failure and blames it on you.
    I've seen 2k+ in damages due to s/c bearing failure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    +1 on what kind of oil is he running???

I've beat on quite a few x models and never had a clutch failure.

If he's running full synthetic oil I bet that's causing it.
    I'd also put new bearings in the charger before he has a catastrophic failure and blames it on you.
    I've seen 2k+ in damages due to s/c bearing failure.
    Synthetic has nothing to do with it unless it's not jaso ma or greater. Same goes with regular oil.

+1
    is the flywheel on backwards?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information