WANTED: Clean out plug/man hole plug for 2001 LS 2000

Hi,

I didn't know where to post this. If its not the right section, please tell me where to post this. Thanks

Looking for a clean out plug for a 2001 Yamaha LS2000 --Anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one reasonably priced ? Cheapest I found new is $195. Ebay has a few used but I'm hoping to buy one sooner.

Any info/help would be appreciated.

Thanks !!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    those bits are totally overpriced..you want to google the "fix" for losing those plugs when the pump tunnel gets obstructed.

for those that don't know about this....

the plug is about 3 inches in diameter and is used to provide clean out access to the pump tunnel.

when they pop out they blow the hatch covering them open ( that little plastic latch does not have a chance):

the boat stops ( there is a kill switch on that access hatch cover)
    the plug flies about 50 feet in the air
    the plug is followed by a huge slug of water ( which soaks everyone on the boat, which came to a quick(relative) stop)
    the $400 plug sinks to the bottom and you're now stuck
    they are wayyyy overpriced

I would suspect those would be the first thing sold when that boat is parted, so bite the bullet, pay the money, implement the "retention/float" fix and just move on.

an expensive lesson in Yamaha jet boating..there are far worse lessons to be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    I would suspect those would be the first thing sold when that boat is parted, so bite the bullet, pay the money, implement the "retention/float" fix and just move on.

an expensive lesson in Yamaha jet boating..there are far worse lessons to be learned.
    I would agree with you completely. However, I'm in a bad situation... I have the 1999 model Exciter 270, and
    Yamaha has discontinued the GP1- style part completely. It seems the plug is not available anywhere, for any price !!!

I'm worried I may have to try to construct one from scratch, and then apply the retention fixes you describe.
    (By the way, when mine flew out, it happened in the exact manner you described!)

Any ideas as to whether anybody out there is building replacement plugs? Thanks!

+1
    ck your pm

Thread Information