2013 VXR Problem

I just purchased new 2013 vxr and i only put 8 hrs on it engine light keeps coming on at low rpm after riding around an hour or so , took it to dealer 3 times already seems like they keep doing nothing and looks like they cant fix it ---Anyone know the law/rule for dealer to give me a new machine ?? Does it have to go to yamaha corp first or whats the procedure ? Thanks guys

If its under warranty, you can call Yamaha and they have to fix it or replace it, that is the law....

+1
    What I've done in the past with warranty claims where they have tried fixing the problem but to no avail is I've left the product with the dealer, handed him the key and said I don't want it anymore if you can't fix the problem. The following day be sure to get a phone call from a yamaha representative.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy71 View Post
    What I've done in the past with warranty claims where they have tried fixing the problem but to no avail is I've left the product with the dealer, handed him the key and said I don't want it anymore if you can't fix the problem. The following day be sure to get a phone call from a yamaha representative.

Yes I can feel your pain...but if you financed your ski you still have an obligation to the lien holder the bank for its monthly payments..you can call them and explain your situation but until you and your dealer resolved or settled the issue I'm sure your gonna wanna keep up payments and not damage your credit rating...if you just wanna walk away from the ski then go ahead hope for a phone call ...

Banned User
    +1
    Maybe find a different dealer. It just seems like there are too many service people who can't diagnose issues and are nothing more than parts changers. The trick is to find a guy who really knows what they are doing.

+1
    If they are a Yamaha dealer and can not fix the issue carry it back to them and talk to the manager or owner of the dealership and inform them of the problem and if they don't repair or try to repair it then go to the official Yamaha sight and take the survey for that dealership and give a bad rating on everything. do that a few times and you will get a response. if you bought the ski new you probably got one mailed to you and a email too. phone calls and a different dealer would more than likely get the repair your ski is needing.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Wire harness has rubbed somewhere......I'd check there, I found a bunch of future rub points on my harness

+1
    Dave its purely calling their bluff and forcing the dealer to act accordingly, or take it to the next step and get Yamaha directly involved as he obliged too if he cannot sort the problem out. All this will do is get your foot in the door and enable you to speak to someone with authority. Remember this is an issue that should be covered under warranty. You DON'T stop your repayments and damage your credit rating either.

Banned User
    +1
    Magnuson-Moss Warranty act-read here;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Putting it simply-the dealer has at least 5 attempts at resolving the problem, AND, you have to had been unable to use the boat for 30 days, or more.
    If your dealer can't fix it-take it to another dealer. Others on this site that own this boat may have had a similar problem?

But, if you stop making payments on the boat-don't bother going to pick it up, as it will have already been repossessed.

Remember-the Dealer didn't make the boat-so don't blame them for the problem. I'm sure they will make ever attempt to fix it.....most Dealers work that way. If you still have issues, contact Yamaha, and see if they have any idea's.
    Last-be patient. These new boats are just machines, made by people, and sometimes things break-for no reason. It's not the Dealers fault, and it's not Yamaha's fault. Sometimes ya just get one of those "mystery problems" that takes awhile to sort out.

You will find that pitching a fit, will get you no where. Be patient, understanding, and act like an Adult. Post your exact problem, and describe exactly how you rode the boat, in what type of water(salt or fresh), and what exactly you did during your 8? hours of riding. Try to be part of the solution-don't be part of the problem.
    The Dealer, you, and now everyone here, knows your boat is broken. So, lets try and figure out how to solve the problem, instead of just creating another problem.

I own a SeaDoo...I've ridden the VXR, I like both manufacturers...and I approve this message.

Thread Information