VX110 mirror and remote question

I'm a newbie to this forum and a 2007 Waverunner Sport VX110.

I've had SeaDoo's for years and a long time member of the pwctoday site, but I wanted a change and I came here due to the wealth of materials I found in this forum.

Anyway, my questions:
    1) I had mirrors on my SeaDoos and I planned to add them to my 2007 Waverunner Sport VX110, but then I read comments about breaking the mirrors off, so don't bother installing. I also read a comment that the mirrors are not "adjustable". Are these comments true?

2) I read a couple notes about a "remote", what is that for? I don't recall anything from the previous owner about a remote for my 2007 Waverunner Sport VX110. Can someone explain what that is about?

Okay the mirriors are in a place whether can get bumped real easy and break off. I never hagan issue with the fact that they were adjustable, because they we positioned well and I almost always ride sideways or standing. The mirrors bsk off easy and will look like crap after a while. I just reprinted one of my vx's and glassed over One of the holes soi could drill it larger to fit a wider variety of cleats. However, if yo tow a skier or tuber, you might be required by law to have them on, or have a second person on board watching....since that would suck trying totow a skier and have a passenger, you might want to consier keeping one or adding a afterarket adjustable mirror. Please post your intentions with the ski and if you ever plan on towing, or if cleats would be the better choice

You can seethed eis only one hole instead of two. The spacing is 1.5 inches apart so it's tough finding a cleat to fit that of any decent size. The mirrors were not that strong and real easy to grab ahold of and use for leverage.

If you dont have a delux, you most likely won't have a remote. The deluxes came with reverse and an alarm. They had a learner mode you could put it in, and the ability to lock the ski.

thanks for replies! I will watch for a decent priced set of mirrors on ebay. I do intend on towing a skier. I'm not sure if the law here requires a mirror, I just found it handy on my Seadoos.

The stock mirrors look pretty good. I liked them, but they also were the perfect height to bump against docks and what not. When they switched and put them on the hood, the mirrors lasted a lot longer. We bought the overpriced plugs they make for the VX at Riva and they sucked. Thats why i did what i did and just glassed one hole over. Unfortunately that ski is rented for the next 3 days so i wont see it again till friday. Ill post the completed photos when i get it back.

You can modify just about any universal mirror to fit on as well. All you need is one, might even could get away with a handle bar mounted mirror if you wanted. On older skis like that, be sure you are diligent about the preventative maintenance and they will practically run forever.

Thread Information