Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 1300r replaced Cat with D-plate and sensor bypass wont go faster than 35-40

What do i do now...being told i need $395.00 efi sensor..can i run with no cat and take out d-plate..seems crazy that after all that work now being told to spend $395.00 to adjust fuel injection
    Joe

+1
    huh?

what sensor?

you dont need a controller to run a D plate

+1
    Riva has ALWAYS told us that if you have a 1300 and you swap to a "d" plate that you need to use a fuel controller as well.....If you tell them it is for a 1300 I think they just include it in the sale????......

They have NEVER told us why we need this controller????? They just say it is a MUST......

Another reason why I don't like Brand "R"

+1
    No you do not need a Fuel Controller! But you do need some engine/performance help .... those speeds are not result of D-Plate installed &no Cat. You have another problem altogether. Please pm WFO back ... he will steer you straight. Good Luck

+1
    During testing here in south Florida we saw lean conditions after installing a D-plate and Power Filter Kit. While it is possible to get away without it we opt to recommend an EFI Controller be used to ensure proper fueling. The D-plate provides more over-rev which, in the right conditions, can cause the engine to run lean at WOT. The EFI Controller allows you to easily add more fuel as conditions warrant. It definitely costs a lot less than a top end job!

Appreciate every ones help...But seems crazy to spend $400.00 more to make it right and not even sure if that is what i need from some of the posts. What does a new cat cost? Depending on cat cost maybe i should have done that, unless cat is wildy expensive. Can i run no cat? As it goes now, it is very sluggish and top speed 35-40.
    I do appreciate all the input on this. Owned a BACKDRAFT Shelby Cobra and used that forum many times for help..so this site is awesome.
    Joe

+1
    Yes, you can run without a cat, but it will have no top end... the D plate is the replacement for the cat... hell, even Yamaha used to make and install a factory D plate in their non-us models that didnt have to pass emission standards.

It seem you may have another problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVA CREW View Post
    During testing here in south Florida we saw lean conditions after installing a D-plate and Power Filter Kit. While it is possible to get away without it we opt to recommend an EFI Controller be used to ensure proper fueling. The D-plate provides more over-rev which, in the right conditions, can cause the engine to run lean at WOT. The EFI Controller allows you to easily add more fuel as conditions warrant. It definitely costs a lot less than a top end job!
    I know you guys want everyone to be safe (and make sales too), but jeez... I have talked to people who have bought a freeflow and were told they had to buy a controller.

I do know you need to talk to the sales team, and tell them to stop selling chips with D plates for 05 and newer GPRs... the ones for the 2000-2004 dont work on 05 and newer. You guys should have some chips made up with a 2K ohm resistor to sell for the later models

+1
    did you get all the broken cat out ? is it possible you left half of it jammed in the exhaust ?

10. +1 by:

N8R

I want to THANK EVERYONE who posted to help me on this problem...and WFO who personally called me from Houston to my home on the OUTER BANKS and we put the phone to the ski to make sure the electronics where working. He mentioned that i may have crack
    a PLUG, and that was the problem. Replaced all three, runs better than
    ever. I should have checked that first.
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information