Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Please help with ribbon delete!!!!!!

Holy cow!!!!!! I have to be making this harder than it has to be!!!!!! I have only been at it for an hour though but still. I have the fuel rail and the connectors loose and it is up so it is out of the way for the most part. I have some really big hands but still, how in the world are you guys getting the bottom 2 bolts out of the manifold? I can't even get a wrench on it and my forearms are already scratched to hell trying to get to those. I must be missing something here? Anybody have a video or pictures of how to do this? Following Riva instructions but not much help.....

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    there a bytch........gotta get em though as that is the manafold support bolts

+1
    Stand on opposite side of ski for the one nearest to the intercooler. One on the opposite side of intercooler isn't that bad.

+1
    Okay so I have all the bolts out and the manifold is loose. Only thing stopping it from coming out is the wiring harness is zip tied to the rear of the manifold that inserts into the intake manifold. Looks like a special deal so does that come out of the manifold, or do you just cut it? Can't tell and I am afraid if I cut the tie, I will have to order another one???? This is last step and it is out!!!!!! Help me!!!!!!! Bahahahahha!!!!

+1
    Just use a screw driver and pry out. Can re-use them or not. Doesn't matter.

+1
    I just cut the one on the front end. No worries.

The zip tie has a small tab, you can loose the tie by pressing that little tab down so you can re use it.

+1
    Okay, ribbon is out, manifold upgrade is in and I am ready to bolt it back up. I was looking at the j tube and was thinking it might be easiest to connect to the throttle body while it is out, then lower it all down together. Then all you have to do is shimmy it on the intercollegiate once you have the manifold bolted back on? Or easier to bolt the manifold on them put the j pipe on? Just trying to make it as easy as possible. Next time I do this, beer will be consumed.........

+1
    Well guys it is done.... Hands tore to hell, sore back to boot but it is done!!!!! Riva makes the instructions look so easy. I was looking at them and thinking people make this way harder than it has to be. I will be in and out in under 2 hours. Not the case at all. It took me about 5 hours, but I ran into some problems. If I had to do it again, knowing what I know now I could do it in about 2 hours.

I for sure have some tips that I have not found on here that would really help people. I think I will post them up tonight.

10. +1 by:

@JC

+1
    good job! I must have gotten lucky because other than forgetting to plug in the TB mine was super easy. I think I took about an hour to do the whole thing? but I also have a good tool selection and a ski on a stand making it very easy to work on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information