Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JEDDAH
    Posts
    213

    Angry Hi Temp On My Friend Rxp 05

    Dear friends

    i need your help , today when my friend was riding

    his rxp 05 suddenly he got hi temp , the temp was

    shown 77 F in the gauge ,what is the normal temp

    for the rxp ??????? , this things happened

    even before we put the stage one kit and the Riva pro cooling

    sys , when we installed the parts , we cleaned out the

    water box sensor it's was full of salt .we changed the cooling

    water ( totally drained and refilled ) level is okay , what do

    do u think of the water pump ,how can i confirm the pump

    perfromance , or may be somthing else , please we are in deep

    trouble ,,,,,,,,,please he needs your help , thanx


  2. #2
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    could be a clogged intercooler i think...might want to start there...

  3. #3
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,762
    +1
    29

    Thumbs up

    Had same prob,,Jerry told me I crossed oil cooler lines,,,he was right.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JEDDAH
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Had same prob,,Jerry told me I crossed oil cooler lines,,,he was right.
    but still gives the hi temp even before he did any things

    like stage one kit and the Riva pro cooler and the

    Riva thormustat before he installed these parts

    but he was thinking after we install the stage one kit

    and the other parts it might stop given hi temp , but still

    the temp in the gauge was reading 77 - 78 F ,

    and the engine want to stop

    WHAT IS THE NORMAL TEMP READING FOR THE RXP 05 , PL

    THINK FOR ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO , THANX

  5. #5
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    that temp in the gauge is not the engine temp...

    E Temp = Outside Air temperature
    L Temp = Water Temp

    is your high temp alarm and ENGINE high temp, or an exhaust high temp?

  6. #6
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,762
    +1
    29
    Could need a new temp sensor. But since you are running a thermostat and have changed fluid,,,you have an air pocket. You need to look in the tech area as it explains FULLY how to drain and bleed cooling system. You have to get the air out or you will experience what you are describing.

  7. #7
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by LAB69 View Post
    Dear friends

    i need your help , today when my friend was riding

    his rxp 05 suddenly he got hi temp , the temp was

    shown 77 F in the gauge ,what is the normal temp

    for the rxp ??????? , this things happened

    even before we put the stage one kit and the Riva pro cooling

    sys , when we installed the parts , we cleaned out the

    water box sensor it's was full of salt .we changed the cooling

    water ( totally drained and refilled ) level is okay , what do

    do u think of the water pump ,how can i confirm the pump

    perfromance , or may be somthing else , please we are in deep

    trouble ,,,,,,,,,please he needs your help , thanx

    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    yeah shibbys right, i missread, that number is the temerature outside or in the water you silly guy

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JEDDAH
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    that temp in the gauge is not the engine temp...

    E Temp = Outside Air temperature
    L Temp = Water Temp

    is your high temp alarm and ENGINE high temp, or an exhaust high temp?
    in the gauge the temp was E 77 F ,suddenlly GAVE BEEEP

    ALARM , pl tell me what is the diffrence in E & L Temp's and what is

    the normal temp for the jet ski , thanx

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JEDDAH
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Could need a new temp sensor. But since you are running a thermostat and have changed fluid,,,you have an air pocket. You need to look in the tech area as it explains FULLY how to drain and bleed cooling system. You have to get the air out or you will experience what you are describing.
    already we did draine it totally and we bleed the air more

    until full of water was going out from the bleeder ,

    as i m working in oil refinery we always do that when

    we woon take out any pumps , any way thanx for the

    reply , i wish u all the best ,,,,,,,,,,,

  10. #10
    Senior Member watermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    383
    E-temp is for environment temp (air temp outside)
    L-temp is for liquid or lake temp (temp of the water you are riding in)

    Like others have said, flush the intercooler, check temp sensor, bleed coolant system to rid any air pockets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alternative to free flow cauing HI TEMP on rxp
    By camar0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 01:52 AM
  2. Sunday Ride on my new RXP *VIDEO*
    By greeksupra in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
  3. Error codes on my new RXP-X
    By eltrapo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 10:46 PM
  4. Mods on my 06 RXP
    By Pirates81 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
  5. My reg Stickers on my 06 rxp
    By ADAMBOMB in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •