Thread: New Vs Old???

New Vs Old???

Ok heres the deal. I have been beating myself up over this for the last month. Im torn between buying a older used Rxt 06 or newer either modded out or stock and doing the mods. Or do I just bite the bullet and get what I really want and get a 13 rxt x? My fear is a buying used and dealing with issues and time and countless dollars either in repairs or mods. Or spend the big bucks and get what I really want and deal with not being able to mod it with the fears of jeopordizing the warranty. I really want the RXT X but I can go as fast for probably 5 grand cheaper.
    Has anybody else battled this choice and what is your reccomendation.
    Thanks
    Grady.

+1
    If your looking to mod then I'd suggest a 08-09 px255..
    They are very reliable and for a little $$$ you can run 78-79mph.

I've seen them in Florida for as little as 6-7k and they looked nice and lower hours.

Just my 2 cents...

+1
    If you find a 'good' used one, go through it, add some go-fast parts, you can run mid 70's all day long for less than the cost of a new one... buuuut a new one is reliable and has a warranty--which rocks.
    Write down what you are wanting out of the ski. Recreation, cruising, pulling tubes, family, or balls to the walls wot all day long, etc, etc. You can build a used one to be family friendly and a beast when unleashed, or you can buy new and have a turn key very fast machine that will make you smile all day long.
    Depends on what you're wanting.
    Good luck!

Great thanks for the replies. I bought a family ski just recently put little money in it and its perfect for the old lady. However I do have kids who will want to ride as well thats why im going for the three seater over the rxp. I am more of a go fast and have lots of fun kind of guy. Originally I didnt want to go fast until I rode a buddy's overly modded machine. Yeah 80 plus is a little scary but the thrill is there. I dont like to be beat. The warranty is nice and I love the look of the new xtx. I know if i get on one I will buy it on the spot. Had my hands on one this weekend. Couldnt just ask the dude if i could give it a test ride. Especially after he told me he ran the learning key for 20 hours for the break in lol. One other question since Im new here. What does "wot" mean???

+1
    Wide open throttle...

If that guy ride it for the 1 st 20+ hrs with the learner key then he didn't break it in correctly...

I agree. I didnt have the heart to tell him. He seemed very new to the watercraft world. But hey who am i to judge??? He even had Matching Sea doo Shirt that he wore proud. Thanks for the definition feeling better by the minute. Think Im going to pull the trigger on the 13 rxt x but I will probably change my mind by morning.

Thread Information