Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1

Athena current state of affairs ... sorta

Well I was one of the first to receive this ECU and very much struggled the first few months with starting, idle etc... Since then RIVA has opened up the software controls more and the latest maps have improved. I have a Stage III map on my 2010 TX and also setup a stock OEM map on a 2012 PX. Both now start and idle well. The oil pressure warning is still a significant issue and it needs to be corrected period. RIVA please take this problem more seriously !! I suspect any CC racers have long since bypassed the oil pressure switch to avoid false trip on rev limit while on the course. The fact is that 4TEC'ss lose oil pressure briefly in rough conditions and sometimes when decelerating quickly. I went through this issue when setting up a Motec on my 08 PX and solved it by introducing a delay ( in Motec terms filtering ) to ride through these transient periods. I have told RIVA this verbally and via their forum but I have found that any real good technical questions go unanswered. In fact they are a bit secretive about some issues such as ignition comps etc... I can say with confidence that they don't blow engine and their base maps are on the conservative side.

+1
    We appreciate your patience and have taken your recommendations, as well as those of others, into serious consideration. We can see how you would be lead to believe we're being secretive because we don't provide detailed information or respond immediately with a direct answer. We are partners with Athena, but they own and control the software. The issues we are not able to resolve in house are forwarded to Athena. They are a very big company with a lot of ongoing projects which means we sometimes have to wait in line. We are communicating with Athena regularly and pushing for the updates.

Is there an Athena tune that can run a totally stock 2012 RXPX that only the injectors changed to VT11, 1100 cc injectors. Everything else is totally stock on the ski.

I think I would have fun trying to sort one of these out.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVA CREW View Post
    We appreciate your patience and have taken your recommendations, as well as those of others, into serious consideration. We can see how you would be lead to believe we're being secretive because we don't provide detailed information or respond immediately with a direct answer. We are partners with Athena, but they own and control the software. The issues we are not able to resolve in house are forwarded to Athena. They are a very big company with a lot of ongoing projects which means we sometimes have to wait in line. We are communicating with Athena regularly and pushing for the updates.
    When are we likely to see the knock feature working?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Is there an Athena tune that can run a totally stock 2012 RXPX that only the injectors changed to VT11, 1100 cc injectors. Everything else is totally stock on the ski.

Andy
    I'd try the stage 4 map, it's setup for the Riva 100lb injectors. You can probably trim it out. It's setup for XXX charger but I'm sure you can fix that at well. I might be willing to loan you my data/dash logger and wide band kit from my Athena to help your cause if I can have the map when you done. I went motec for my PX260(OMG it's awesome) so I have all that stuff sitting around now....anyways I think if someone could make a good tune for the Athena I'd put it on my other ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    I was told 4-6 weeks about 2 weeks ago...for what ever it's worth.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post

Andy
    I'd try the stage 4 map, it's setup for the Riva 100lb injectors. You can probably trim it out. It's setup for XXX charger but I'm sure you can fix that at well. I might be willing to loan you my data/dash logger and wide band kit from my Athena to help your cause if I can have the map when you done. I went motec for my PX260(OMG it's awesome) so I have all that stuff sitting around now....anyways I think if someone could make a good tune for the Athena I'd put it on my other ski.
    Feel free to send it. It would be fun to do a tune just for the chalange.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    I was told 4-6 weeks about 2 weeks ago...for what ever it's worth.

I'll hold my breath

+1
    hope they sort this out mine is a nice $1200 paper weight right now

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    hope they sort this out mine is a nice $1200 paper weight right now
    You never got it working?

What mods are you running?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information