+1

R&D flash and solas 14/21 for 300

Anyone else running this combo? After being turned away by dynotronics, my buddy happened to be talking to R&D and they hooked us up with reflashed ecu's and props.

Definitely a seat of the pants improvement in acceleration. From a dead stop you have to put all your weight over the front or it will jump out of the water. Top speed is about the same via gps. Great bouy to bouy.

I tried running the ecu with stock prop for comparison and it tended to cavitate on launch and coming out of hard turns.

We will see this weekend how it works in closed course.

+1
    Ha Ha same here..Joe # Dynotronics says he stopped doing them on skis and MCs..but WOW R&D doing the reflash they did my GPR 3 yrs ago..was worth every cent..improved the fuel curve advanced the timing great acceleration...gonna b on the ph tommorrow..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    Anyone else running this combo? After being turned away by dynotronics, my buddy happened to be talking to R&D and they hooked us up with reflashed ecu's and props.

Definitely a seat of the pants improvement in acceleration. From a dead stop you have to put all your weight over the front or it will jump out of the water. Top speed is about the same via gps. Great bouy to bouy.

I tried running the ecu with stock prop for comparison and it tended to cavitate on launch and coming out of hard turns.

Is there something different about the solas 14/21 props R&D is offering? Just wonder if there reflash adds any fuel at WOT? R&D already claims the 300x Is LEAN at WOT and Unfortunately Most people will not be interested in this reflash as it is for RACE FUEL ONLY!
    Last edited by jeff007; 07-31-2013 at 11:56 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post

Is there something different about the solas 14/21 props R&D is offering? Just wonder if there reflash adds any fuel at WOT? R&D already claims the 300x Is LEAN at WOT and Unfortunately Most people will not be interested in this reflash as it is for RACE FUEL ONLY!
    The prop is the same, just tweaked by r&d. As far as fueling goes I'm not sure. And the tunes we got are 93 octane

+1

The prop is the same, just tweaked by r&d. As far as fueling goes I'm not sure. And the tunes we got are 93 octane
    How is that possible? I just got off the phone with him less than 1 hour ago,He told me the Pump fuel 93 octane reflashes were not available and it would be atleast 3 months! The reflashes there offering at this time were not pump gas safe and would definitely require RACE FUEL... I would be careful if I were you.

+1
    Interesting. Maybe we got some beta test ones as my buddy is a support rider for R&D. It for sure said 93 octane on the paperwork.

How is that possible? I just got off the phone with him less than 1 hour ago,He told me the Pump fuel 93 octane reflashes were not available and it would be atleast 3 months! The reflashes there offering at this time were not pump gas safe and would definitely require RACE FUEL... I would be careful if I were you.

+1
    Interesting. Maybe we got some beta test ones as my buddy is a support rider for R&D. It for sure said 93 octane on the paperwork.

That explains it then!The reflashes you have are the test units. (Guines Pigs) Just kidding, They must need further testing! Anyway the ones you guys have are not yet available to the general public just yet.

+1
    Lol, well lets hope for the best. So far I'm liking it. Have a big race this weekend and will report back.

Thread Information