+1

Hurricane needs new CDI, bought SBT stator

Ok, here goes. Hurricane when I bought it ran well but didn't charge battery (was told it had the updates). By end of last season wouldn't start. Tore down engine during winter. Just put back together and ordered a new stator (from SBT). Must be the update cause it looks nothing like the original.

So, Engine all fresh and back in, open electrical box to wire in Stator and CDI is ahh-melted. PVL 4060148 I know this dosn't exist from Polaris.

So frustrating. Trying to find a decent cdi. 500 bucks for cdi and coil? More than I paid for the craft. (Did have to do the topend, but Whatever). Did a lot of reading this Eve. We need to rectify this parts shortage and not just cdi. another friend was told today by local dealer his was as good as scrap because the drive coupler he needs is discontinued. Otherwise his machine is perfectly fine.

Noone with 3d printers?
    Last edited by DeadnBuried; 07-30-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: new info

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadnBuried View Post
    Ok, here goes. Hurricane when I bought it ran well but didn't charge battery (was told it had the updates). By end of last season wouldn't start. Tore down engine during winter. Just put back together and ordered a new stator (from SBT). Must be the update cause it looks nothing like the original.

So, Engine all fresh and back in, open electrical box to wire in Stator and CDI is ahh-melted. PVL 4060148 I know this dosn't exist from Polaris.

So frustrating. Trying to find a decent cdi. 500 bucks for cdi and coil? More than I paid for the craft. (Did have to do the topend, but Whatever). Did a lot of reading this Eve. We need to rectify this parts shortage and not just cdi. another friend was told today by local dealer his was as good as scrap because the drive coupler he needs is discontinued. Otherwise his machine is perfectly fine.

Noone with 3d printers?
    So you ordered a new aftermarket stator without first opening the electrical box and confirming which version of the ignition system you had?

CDI 4060148 is a non-updated CDI, as I recall.

Engine drive couplers should not be hard to find in good/used condition. Lots of interchangeability between models.

+1
    Yes, should have checked that, was told it was updated when I bought it, half thought cdi may be smoked based on how it died last season,my bad. I new it wasn't as soon as the new stator arrived. What I didn't know was how difficult and expensive this was going to be. I have a 1968 Tbird that I can still get almost anything for at the local parts store. But now I'm needing to pull $$ from thin air for cdi and coil, might as well to have a completely new machine when I'm done. Rebuilding (maintenance) on the pump tomorrow.

(short note of thanks to you as your help was tremendous with my MSX140 tribulations over last couple years, great ride but ticking time bomb)

+1
    My last comment about parts availability is, I can appreciate, a complicated subject and one that my tribe (Polaris Quads, Sleds, and Watercraft owners) gets hours of enjoyment from discussing Evil empires, liabilities, organizing a buying group to repop this stuff, and getting the word out once all is said and done. Maybe a better thread for this but I'm exploring.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Contact John Zigler (a member here) that owns Rock County Jet Ski (Google it). If he doesn't have one, ask that he lets you know when he gets one in. He is fair priced and helps alot of us out on here. Trust worthy and doesn't sell junk parts like some on E-bay.

Thread Information