Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about getting the 13' FZR in the next few days... What you guys think?

So I like my 2000 Yamaha xl1200 and want a new one that is faster and not a 3 seatter. I found the FZR at the dealer and talked them down to $11,300 ( not including tax, dealer set up, doc etc ) And other dealers are still selling the same one for full price $13,999. Anyways got my financing and will be getting it in the next few days. So are they a good machine? Will I be happy? We own a lot of older mid 95's seadoos and a 02' seadoo boat here in Az and we ride 1 time a week at least, so it what we like to do. Also I think yamaha has a 3 year warranty going on right now also. Anyways any thoughts would be great. Thanks Guys

+1
    Try to get the dealer to throw in an additional 2 years of YES. The dealer I bought from did it for free. Not all will, but you should be able to get it for just a few hundred.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Try to get the dealer to throw in an additional 2 years of YES. The dealer I bought from did it for free. Not all will, but you should be able to get it for just a few hundred.
    I think Yamaha is giving a 3 year warranty till the 31st ( tomorrow ) so that will be part of the deal.......

I think Tiny lives in Atlanta...... Im in Phoenix.... That would be a long drive home ......LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline85338 View Post
    I think Yamaha is giving a 3 year warranty till the 31st ( tomorrow ) so that will be part of the deal.......

I think Tiny lives in Atlanta...... Im in Phoenix.... That would be a long drive home ......LOL
    Yeah that's quite a ways. So to answer your questions, yes it's a great ski, I have the FZS (same ski + 3 seater/tow hook/boarding ladder) since I have my daughter and wife on it a bunch and pull tubes as well. I paid 11.3 in Sept of last year so it's a good price too as the MSRP is a bit higher this year. The only question is buy now or wait to see what comes out in 11 days as the new model reveal is Aug 12. Tiny says the rebates are going away tomorrow though so make sure your dealer will still sell at that price this weekend if you aren't buying it today.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline85338 View Post

That is correct. I want you to get a total of 5 years YES warranty. For free if possible. I did, but that was at a North Carolina dealership.

8. +1 by:

+1
    If you buy the FZR, you will be smiling every time you ride the ski! Buy it!
    Just be sure to swap the intake grate with an R&D day one before even riding it. Your ankles, knees, and the rest of your body will thank you!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Don't let a dealer try to tell u they charge for assembly, prep and all those doc fees cause it bullshit in my opinion it's just a gimmick for them to add on a few more hundred dollars. At Yamaha of lumberton, lumberton nc they don't charge all that extra crap. U have the price of the boat, trailor and tax is all you have to pay! The only thing that's sucks for someone buying out of state is you have to pay the sales tax from the dealership and then have to pay taxes on it in your state for registration!

+1
    Wait two weeks to see what yamaha will be releasing. I hear its gonna wild!

13. +1 by:

+1
    ^^^^^ what benjahw says. Its only a month now. WAIT!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information