+1

Group-k modded 300x ride plate

Just wondering if anyone has tried a Group-k modded plate on a 300x.It would be for a gain in Top speed only,I spoke with them this week and he said the mod they did was actually for the 250/260 ultra but I believe it would be the same mod. I believe all they do is machine the mounting bosses to give a different angle! Would this mod not also work on the R&D plate as well? Only thing I see that might cause issue is the clearance for the trim cable at the rear of plate but that appears thick enough so that the groove could be machined a little deaper to compensate for the angle. Any Ideas if this mod they do work on the 300x also?

Banned User
    +1
    Is that all you want is top speed? You can find a used riva 260 plate and modify it to fit and it'll give you the same if not better results and you can always put the stock one back on if you don't like it. They don't turn as good or stay hooked up with more of the nose lifted up IMO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Is that all you want is top speed? You can find a used riva 260 plate and modify it to fit and it'll give you the same if not better results and you can always put the stock one back on if you don't like it. They don't turn as good or stay hooked up with more of the nose lifted up IMO
    I was thinking if they do that mod to the R&D plate it could possibly give a good medium! little on top without sacrificing much handling. Another thought is a really good top speed plate with a real aggressive set of sponsons to give you a great turning ability and straight line tracking in ruff water conditions.You never really here anyone talk about sponsons on the 300x maybe just a few here and there.

+1
    Love my rnd sponsons wouldnt ride it any other way. Need to hang on though and tray wedges are a must.

Thread Information