Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2013 Yamaha Fx Cruiser SHO

Just picked a new 2013 Yamaha Fx Cruiser SHO, and I'm finding the ski tippy. Actually I tipped it over last night and calm waters. Is there something I should be doing? Or is this normal for this ski? I picked up the new Fx thinking it would be stable in water due to the extra 7". Also I noticed when I got back home that one of my drain plugs was in crossed threaded and the o ring was twisted up, would this cause it to tip over?

By the way this is my first PWC, a lot to learn I guess.

Thanks

+1
    What do you mean by you tipped it over? Did it actually turn upside down or just dump you off? I'm surprised you find the new hull tippy. I have a 2008 SHO (old hull) and I've done a ton a crap on it that I'm surprised didn't tip it over. I find my SHO to be very stable.

So, let us know what happened. Were you driving slow and turned hard with 3 people on the waverunner or turning hard into a wave and that knocked you off or something else?

Was there water in the hull (you mentioned one of the drain plugs might have been in wrong).

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sortsol View Post
    What do you mean by you tipped it over? Did it actually turn upside down or just dump you off? I'm surprised you find the new hull tippy. I have a 2008 SHO (old hull) and I've done a ton a crap on it that I'm surprised didn't tip it over. I find my SHO to be very stable.

So, let us know what happened. Were you driving slow and turned hard with 3 people on the waverunner or turning hard into a wave and that knocked you off or something else?

Was there water in the hull (you mentioned one of the drain plugs might have been in wrong).

Thanks,

Mike
    You not going to find a more stable ski, if you tip that over you will tip over anything.

+1
    I don't think I could tip mine if I had to.

+1
    do you weigh over 350lbs and also, did you have a beer in your hand?

With two large people on the ski, leaning the wrong way while idling or very light throttle can cause it to get off balance. But by yourself, if you are managing to tip the ski over, you are intentionally doing it(still not that easy unless you are 300 lbs) or the ski was full of water. A cross threaded plug might cause it to leak, but your bilge pump would be pumping out more then a leaky plug would let in.

+1
    I have to say mine is an absolute yacht. This thing is like a 70 mph pontoon. I would have to try beyond belief to tip mine over. I am 6'4" 280, my wife is 130 lbs. Even with both of us on (410 lbs.) it is super steady in the water. I have driven about every ski out there and the FX hull is probably the most planted of all hulls.

I would say there has to be something wrong somewhere.....

8. +1 by:

Thanks,

Mike

It turned upside down in the water, we were just stop idling in the lake slowly moving. I was taken off guard when it rolled. When I got home I checked for water in the hull but no water.

I have the 2012 FX SHO and it does not tip over . It is very stable and never had the problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post

Thanks,

Mike

It turned upside down in the water, we were just stop idling in the lake slowly moving. I was taken off guard when it rolled. When I got home I checked for water in the hull but no water.
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally buy a Kawasaki?

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information