+1

golf port to ship island

just seen this and thout i would post it up for any one who wont's to go not 100% if im going in my jet boat or not yet
    http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3969249991.html

+1
    Hey Alex - kind of thread-jacking here w/some FYI:

First, scroll to the bottom of the page -GINS West- (Gulf Islands Nat'l Seashore (West)) - it includes a trip to Cat/Ship Island: http://pwctrailfinder.com/MississippiPWCTrailRides.html Be sure to read about mine and Kay's experience via the "Report" button.

Second, I'll direct your attention to the NPS website for GINS as there are special rules for PWC: http://www.nps.gov/guis/parkmgmt/per...watercraft.htm

Third, federal budge cuts may have affected the GINS, be sure to read about "Park Closures" under the red advisory tab near the top of the page: http://www.nps.gov/guis/index.htm

Finally - if you go, have fun!

PS: On the CL link - that 2nd to last pic certainly couldn't have come from the GINS West area... just sayin'.

+1
    i have been out to ship island about 6 times so i no how choppy it can get and reading the link you put up all the park service says is that you cant be under power where people are swimming just seen the add and figured i would get the word out to any one who might like to do some open ocean ridding but it is way to far out to tell what the sea state will be like

+1
    No prob., Alex - just thought I'd post for anyone that's never made the crossing. Also the PWC NWZ rules are as follows:

West Ship Island
    The park boundaries extend one mile to the north and south of the islands.
    · SPECIAL NOTICE: At the pier near Fort Massachusetts, a flat wake zone exits for 1/2 mile from either side of the pier and extends 1/2 mile from the shoreline.
    · PWCs are not allowed in any lagoon, inlet, inland lake, or pond within park boundaries.
    · Elsewhere, a flat wake zone exists for 300 yards from the shoreline of the island.
    · PWC’s may not be operated within 200 feet of non-motorized vessels and people in the water, except individuals associated with the use of the PWC.

East Ship Island and Spoil Island
    The park boundaries extend one mile to the north and south of the islands.
    · PWCs are not allowed in any lagoon, inlet, inland lake, or pond within park boundaries.
    · Elsewhere, a flat wake zone exists for 300 yards from the shoreline of the islands.
    · PWC’s may not be operated within 200 feet of non-motorized vessels and people in the water, except individuals associated with the use of the PWC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post

PS: On the CL link - that 2nd to last pic certainly couldn't have come from the GINS West area... just sayin'.
    Haven't you heard of the new Ship Island east resort?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post

Haven't you heard of the new Ship Island east resort?
    Ha ha - really. I was looking through the CL pix and had a "wait a minute" moment. Then I notice all the FL reg. numbers. in the pic.

I think there is a lot of fun to be had out there - it's just a matter of picking the right day w/calm seas.

+1
    Yeah, hitting those islands is on my list for next Spring/Summer.

Thread Information