Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sherman powersports TX

this dealer told me that my 2000 seadoo gs (718cc) needs the carbs rebuilt and a new battery (understandable) but then said they wanna get it running then worry about it not pushing itself through the water. (under a load) the said it was the impellor that was chewed up and that that would bring a total of $1,250 to fix it thats crazy!!! surely i can rebuild the carbs and replace fuel lines myself and i dont think my inpellor is messed up because i turned it by hand befpre takin it into the shop i just told em id come get it.

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ford man View Post
    this dealer told me that my 2000 seadoo gs (718cc) needs the carbs rebuilt and a new battery (understandable) but then said they wanna get it running then worry about it not pushing itself through the water. (under a load) the said it was the impellor that was chewed up and that that would bring a total of $1,250 to fix it thats crazy!!! surely i can rebuild the carbs and replace fuel lines myself and i dont think my inpellor is messed up because i turned it by hand befpre takin it into the shop i just told em id come get it.
    You do know that just because you can turn the impeller doesn't mean its still not chewed up, right? Sure it sounds like a lot to me too, but they are charging labor fees. If you can fix it that's great though.

no, i wasn't aware of that but makes sense. i think i may know a guy that can help me with this project though i just may not get to ride it for the rest of the summer.

u can have it all done in less than a month not to worry, just get a manual u can find it on this site.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Go get the ski, if you willing to come past dallas a little i can help you get it fixed in a few hours..Really, no shit...if you need some help

+1
    Shop Manual, forums, patience, and perseverance. You can do it. DIY you will learn, save $, and get to know people on the forums. I started working on my own ski because of the economic downturn and could now longer afford to pay a shop to do it. I am grateful for all i learned, the tools i collected, and the friends I have made. I added a project 96 xp 800 to my fleet last year and have done 100% of my work. I enjoy working on my skis as much as riding them. My. .02

(+1 rhyne) I agree time, patience, and a good manual will get you very far not only with your ski but if you end up riding with friends you can help them too. IT also gives you a firm understanding of your boat, motor, and how the jet works with that said any time you go out take a solid set of tools and a couple plugs and you should almost never go wrong.

+1
    Thanks for the +1, I believe these 2-smokers will live on because of their enthusiasts and following. More people become involved everyday. Because on the net good used and new parts are easily accessible more now than ever. I may get a sticker for my skis "Still Smokin" lmao!!!!

sea one i may let you help me. ill let ya know. i live in southern Oklahoma but will be staying in dallas i think the 17th and 18th of this month for a rangers game ill let you know.

this is true lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information