Thread: Holy Crap

Holy Crap

Well.. in attempt to remove the top bolt from the supercharger, I think that I rounded it off to where I cant get a hold of it.... Any suggestions on how the hell to get this thing off?

I have some PB Blaster on it right now and am going to let it set overnight and then will bang it a couple of times with a hammer before another attempt..

A couple of questions...

1. If this fails what can I do?
    2. Where can I get a replacement bolt?
    3. In the procedure you have to pry a clamp loose and it says you have to buy a new one... Where do you get one of the clamps.

Sorry to be such a P.I.T.A. but I am new at this and unfortunately am learning from my mistakes.

Thanks!!!

Last thing you should woudl be cut the head off with a dremel. but use this as ure last resort. try to get some vise crimps on there and turn it or something. You can get new screws at your sea doo dealer. Havnt tried myself but i bet u can go to a home depot or something and get some stainless hexes. For the clamps get stainless worm drive clamps you can find these almost anywhere.

Got the MOFO off!

Thanks fellas I now have the supercharger off to send to Jerry. Man I sure hope it is easier to put back together.

As for the clamp I had to remove... Can you get that at like autozone or something? Anyplace I can go online to get the bolt I rounded off that was the top one on the supercharger? I'd rather my dealer didn't know i was monkeying around with it since it is under warranty..

Thanks for all your guys help!

Quote Originally Posted by badams7 View Post
    Thanks fellas I now have the supercharger off to send to Jerry. Man I sure hope it is easier to put back together.

As for the clamp I had to remove... Can you get that at like autozone or something? Anyplace I can go online to get the bolt I rounded off that was the top one on the supercharger? I'd rather my dealer didn't know i was monkeying around with it since it is under warranty..

Thanks for all your guys help!
    Yeah those clamps are not a rare item autozone should have them its a lot easier to put back together plus you know how to take it off nowYou can order them from riva theres a link in the how to section that has a list of websites that sells oem sea doo parts

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    the clamps are like half the price at lowes/home depot than they are at the autoparts store. i guess for jsut the two, it won't matter too much. They're in the plumbing section if you do go to the hardware store. I would replace that bolt with a SS hexhead from the hardware store while your at it. they should have a bolt size/pitch guide at the store. it will be metric though.

hth,
    sean

+1
    after you leave autozone go somewhere and get some good tools Torx socket set with a E8 and get a good 1/4 wrench and if you dont have the shop manuels get ASAP

where do you ride in KY

Thanks shhr... yeah i bought tools as i went along but it was only after I had already screwed the pooch. haha. I ride on the Ohio River, Lake Cumberland, Barren River, My fav cumberland for scenery but the Ohio when I want waves though... epecially when a couple of barges pass each other.

Thanks for the help fellas

Thread Information