Electronics swap, blue Fuji and red domestic engines?

First off, Thank you for having me. I work on boats mostly but have recently been tasked to fix all of our PWCs sitting around the shop (lucky me!). I need to know if the electronics (stator, brain, coil) from the good years of Polaris 96-98 from a sl 780 will work in a 2001 slx 1200? I know it is a long shot but thought I would ask and see if anyone knew. If not I have a sl 780 motor, stator, brain, ect... for sale.... haha. I can gladly help on your outboard questions and also plenty of seadoo stuff. Polaris and their electrons is out of my comfort zone. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by K447; 08-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The electrical (ignition) from the blue Fuji engines will NOT work on the red domestic engines, with the exception of the voltage regulator from some models.

See my signature links for more reference material.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flounderingaround View Post
    First off, Thank you for having me. I work on boats mostly but have recently been tasked to fix all of our PWCs sitting around the shop (lucky me!). I need to know if the electronics (stator, brain, coil) from the good years of Polaris 96-98 from a sl 780 will work in a 2001 slx 1200? I know it is a long shot but thought I would ask and see if anyone knew. If not I have a sl 780 motor, stator, brain, ect... for sale.... haha. I can gladly help on your outboard questions and also plenty of seadoo stuff. Polaris and their electrons is out of my comfort zone. Thanks for all your help.
    Welcome! Where are you located?

I am located in Crescent Beach, FL just south of St Augustine. Thanks for the information on the motor electronics. I have checked out your links and thank you for putting that stuff on there K447. It has helped a lot. I have got this ski to work great for about 2 hours two separate times for me but not for the owner. I now only have spark in the most distant coil from the bow. #3? Battery is 11.5 on cranking.

Thread Information