Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trading for a 99 SLH

Hello!

I just picked up a 01 Pro 1200, but im looking to trade my 96 Sea Ray Sea Rayder for a second jet ski. I was offered this 99 SLH. I'll post both my CL listing and his.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/3971292413.html -99SLH

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/boa/3934959820.html -Sea Ray

I do know that we are quite far apart on prices, but let me know your thoughts. Im waiting to hear back from him on the upkeep of the ski and how it runs/any needed items.

Thanks guys!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Way too many ! marks in the listing

58mph would be the dream-o-meter display, not the real over the water speed with two people.

The SLH is a nice playful hull, and the two cylinder 700cc engine is fairly fuel efficient. Most fun with one person on board, can handle two people of modest weight, no good at all for two heavy people.

To be honest, im looking for something closer in price, and if possible a 3 seater. My issue is it needs to be a trade. Getting married in a few months and I don't want to spend any money. I don't need to sell the boat, but it would be nice to have 2 skis. I also have these two people interested with their skis:

http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/3923760047.html - 98 Sea Doo GSX Limited

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/3968301466.html - 2003 Kawasaki 150

Thanks for the input.

+1
    I would look for 3 seater myself out of the 3 skis the ultra 150 Kawasaki.The Polaris will not do 58 mph.

I have 2 '98 SLH's. They are fun to ride solo, they won't go more than 45, even with my featherweight 14 y/o son riding. Both of them together are not worth $2200.

Much as I hate to say it, the Kawasaki or Sea Doo is a better deal, value wise.

+1
    An SLH that won't go more than 45mph? Something there isn't right. My SLH did 54.0 MPH on the GPS and read 58-59mph on the MFD. It did the same speed before and after the 6-vane stator and R&D intake.

Back to the OP, if you are serious about trading for the SLH (I think you'd be losing a bit of value as IMHO his SLH is probably only worth $14-1500 at best in the shape it's in) see if it has the ignition update kit. The original ignitions were known for failing and update kits are no longer available so parts are pricey. It more than likely has the original ignition, fuel system needs to be gone through and it would need a seat as I'm sure the latch broke and that's why there are bunjee's holding it down.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by faith&firepower View Post
    ... My issue is it needs to be a trade. Getting married in a few months and I don't want to spend any money. I don't need to sell the boat ...
    Well, if you sell the boat, then you can use the money to buy skis.

Forcing it to be a trade limits the people who are interested.

Sell the boat, then use the money for what you want to use it for.

+1
    I agree with Keith, sell your boat. With cash in hand from the sell you can buy anything offered in your price range.

^That is the plan...but if a good swap comes along then I'd consider it. I did have the boat listed for 3500 for a few months with some nibbles, but no takers. The few I have seen for sale have the 90hp engine and are beat to hell, seem to go around the 2-2500 range. Mine is in great shape minus a few discolored decals, and recently had the carbs redone. Like I have said, I don't need to sell it but would like a second ski.

double post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information