Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New 300X owner!

+1

New 300X owner!

hey all just thought id make a intro, just picked up my second ski, a nice new 300! my old one was a gti 130 i got on a good trade so that will become the old ladies. Plan is to just keep stock because i tend to have bad luck with modded toys! I got two fairly simple questions, just trying to be extra cautious. First is can i use the storage under the storage bin well riding, any reason i cant? Im just planning on keeping my dock rope and bumpers with my paddle up there. Second is does anyone know for warranty if i have to take it to a kawi dealer for my 10hr service, there nearest dealer is 2hrs away, we have a seadoo dealer here and im not stranger to watercraft or engines.

+1
    Oh no, you can't put anything in the storage comp while you ride, That's where you put the 3rd passanger
    Sure you can fill the storage comp while you ride, that's the purpose of it,
    Conserning your warranty, for peace of mind, let the dealer service it, at lease for the 10hr service

Quote Originally Posted by sasq40 View Post
    hey all just thought id make a intro, just picked up my second ski, a nice new 300! my old one was a gti 130 i got on a good trade so that will become the old ladies. Plan is to just keep stock because i tend to have bad luck with modded toys! I got two fairly simple questions, just trying to be extra cautious. First is can i use the storage under the storage bin well riding, any reason i cant? Im just planning on keeping my dock rope and bumpers with my paddle up there. Second is does anyone know for warranty if i have to take it to a kawi dealer for my 10hr service, there nearest dealer is 2hrs away, we have a seadoo dealer here and im not stranger to watercraft or engines.

+1
    Yeah I'm just wondering if it has to be a kawi dealer or if I can take it to my local seadoo guys
    Last edited by sasq40; 08-05-2013 at 09:39 AM.

+1
    Ask your Kawasaki Dealership if you can have your "Sea Doo guys" work on your ski under the Kawasaki Warranty Policy....

I think you already know your answer.

Take it back to the dealership where you bought it for the 10 hour servicing.

Congrats on your new "Machine" !!!

+1
    do as you wish but the seadoo dealer don't have a clue of what need to be check and adjust on a Kawi and if something happen to your ski, it will give them a good reason to deny your warranty.

+1
    They used to sell kawi so I'm sure they have a idea, the dealer I bought it from us 10 hrs away, and the closest pwc kawi dealer is 2 hrs away. I just want to get the service done before I leave on vacation

If I'm not mistaken, the only items on the 10hr service is to check the supercharger belt and check all fasteners, bolts, clamps etc. Am I missing something here? I'm going to do this myself and change the oil even though it does not call for an oil change until 25hrs.

My dealer quoted me 250 per ski (I have 2) to do this and the oil change. A bit much.

How much did your dealer quote you and are they going to change the oil too?

+1
    Congrats on the new Ultra 300..at least sombodies buying them..last wk my local dealership says sales are terrible for this ski...says VXR is hot...I'm just sayin...

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Congratulations and you will love this ski.

If you document everything you do and do you own service timely Kawasaki would have no reason to not grant or withhold any warranty claim if you ever need to. Being you are not moding you may never need it.

I would buy a service manual and do EXACTLY as is it says and document, including valve clearances on 10 hour. If I remember correctly this is one of the things checked. There is a table describing what maintenance is required when for service.

Also make sure your purchasing the GTPP Kawasaki Factory Warranty and not a third party such as Western or what have you. Many dealers push the Western or others as they get more off the top from them then Kawi. The one you want is GTPP from Kawi ONLY.

Also what year is the 300 you bought? If it is a 2011 there are a couple of things to check out to make sure they were done by the dealer such as prop tightening/loctite and under tray clamp placement on cooling hose if it is an early 2011.

Lastly good luck and enjoy the BEST supercharged arm ripping kick-ass fun and reliable ski out there. Take care of it and have fun!

+1
    It is a 2011 the dealer was having trouble getting ride of old stock so gave me a good deal. The dealer told me as long as I document it I'll be covered. I did get kawi warranty with it.
    So what things should I go over. Plan on testing it out this weekend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information