Fuel management on 97 kawa 1100 stx

97 kawa 1100 stx, no fuel is going to the carbs, i switched from res and back to full, but no gas goes to the carbs. I can start the ski by pouring a little gas into the carbs and it starts right up but wont pull gas thru the fuel line. Can someone explain how the fuel system works and what i can check. Thanks rc

+1
    This is probably the most common problem with PWCs. People don't store them properly.

Leaving the fuel tank partially full and not treating the fuel with stabilizer for storage invites moisture to condense and gum to form.

Start by changing the inline fuel filter. You might end up having to overhaul the carbs, cleaning/replacing the in-tank fuel pickups, or perhaps the fuel lines have been damaged by ethanol in the modern fuels (write your congressman).

Also check your tank vent valve. Bugs like to make homes in there and if it's plugged you'll get no flow.
    1. pull your full line off your carb and put the line in a container then put air pressure to your fuel tank to see if your lines are plugged or kinked. If your getting fuel out your line then it's in your carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    or perhaps the fuel lines have been damaged by ethanol in the modern fuels (write your congressman).
    Some of us love the ethanol been introduced into fuels. I know it sucks for older cars, boats, and bikes etc. not designed with ethanol in mind, had some of those issues myself. But for guys like me into high performance cars (supercharged, turbo charged etc) ethanol is the god of fuels. It's amazing resistance to detonation allows us to run more timing, more boost, and make more power than ever before possible on pump gas. Anyways... just letting you know not all of us hate it, some of us love it

+1
    [QUOTE=MalcolmV8;2230025]
    Anyways... just letting you know not all of us hate it, some of us love it
    Are you a corn farmer?

6. +1 by:

[QUOTE=steve45;2230187]
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmV8 View Post
    Anyways... just letting you know not all of us hate it, some of us love it
    Are you a corn farmer?
    LOL heck no. I work in IT. However my hobby and side business is high performance cars, specifically boosted. Supercharged or turbo charged. Ask anyone into high performance engines, they love the corn. It behaves like race gas but has pump gas costs. It's fantastic. E85 that is, but hey any amount of ethanol in premium pump gas is welcomed by us gear heads. For non high performance engines, IE your basic grocery getter, there's more downsides than upsides. You use approximately 40% more fuel negating the lesser cost per gallon & require more frequent oil changes.

Thanks guys for all your help
    rc

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmV8 View Post
    For non high performance engines, IE your basic grocery getter, there's more downsides than upsides. You use approximately 40% more fuel negating the lesser cost per gallon & require more frequent oil changes.
    Yea, no range, water absorption, damage to materials used in older vehicles, etc. Not worth it for the average user.

Thread Information