Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1

For all of you out there wanting to go Turbo

But then again...the Turbo didn't cause this, but something did and not sure what. Any theories welcome. Crank and Balance shaft still spinning freely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0630.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	309107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0604.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	309108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0627.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	309109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0633.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	309110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0629.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	309111  

+1
    Holy shoot !!

+1
    What rpm and boost

Assuming its your conversion motor? Is the everything on the pump end ok?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    What rpm and boost

When it "went" it was pulling about 8300rpm at about 86-87mph. Boost at the time was 16-18psi. Had been running since flag drop for about 40minutes. AFR's were consistant at 11.3. Head water temp was 185f. Everything appeared normal. It was a very sudden stop . Nothing in the pump area shows any stress and all turns freely. In fact everything that is supposed to spin, still does. Nothing is siezed. We are trying to figure out what went first. Chain shows very little damage, not like its been through the gear teeth at all. Did I lose a tooth or teeth and the chain just went ping. I suppose it just takes one thing to get in between those gear teeth to do damage. It could have been the broken chain end??? I am going to go through the shrapnel and see if I can find anything that is not teeth, like chain links or something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    What rpm and boost

When it "went" it was pulling about 8300rpm at about 86-87mph. Boost at the time was 16-18psi. Had been running since flag drop for about 40minutes. AFR's were consistant at 11.3. Head water temp was 185f. Everything appeared normal. It was a very sudden stop . Nothing in the pump area shows any stress and all turns freely. In fact everything that is supposed to spin, still does. Nothing is siezed. We are trying to figure out what went first. Chain shows very little damage, not like its been through the gear teeth at all. Did I lose a tooth or teeth and the chain just went ping. I suppose it just takes one thing to get in between those gear teeth to do damage. It could have been the broken chain end??? I am going to go through the shrapnel and see if I can find anything that is not teeth, like chain links or something.
    Oh ok, I thought you might have been running the high 9's you've been prepping for. What chain is that?

+1
    What rpm and boost

Oh ok, I thought you might have been running the high 9's you've been prepping for. What chain is that?
    Well at the time it went I was only pulling those rpm's. It had been pulling 8800ish plus and was screaming past the rev limiter. My tach had recorded a max 10400rpm but the head can handle that easy. But maybe the bottom end can't? Well not for extended periods anyways. Maybe the gear teeth called it quits. Other than the damage from all the shit flying around inside for that split moment, there just isn't anything obvious. The chain was one of the good ones. JWL.

+1
    Chain stretch maybe ? what year chain and how many hours on it ? sorry to see the carnage.

+1
    What rpm and boost

Well at the time it went I was only pulling those rpm's. It had been pulling 8800ish plus and was screaming past the rev limiter. My tach had recorded a max 10400rpm but the head can handle that easy. But maybe the bottom end can't? Well not for extended periods anyways. Maybe the gear teeth called it quits. Other than the damage from all the shit flying around inside for that split moment, there just isn't anything obvious. The chain was one of the good ones. JWL.
    I don't get too wrapped up with max rpm as its recording the highest spike which can be mechanical inertia. My stock untouched 12px would record 9400.
    Sucks, GL with the repair.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    Chain stretch maybe ? what year chain and how many hours on it ? sorry to see the carnage.
    Maybe 30 hours on the chain. It was a good chain. It did have one valve drop earlier this year and I had a head port job and cam done. Put all new valve seats in and upgraded spring and retainers to handle more lift and rpm upwards of 10k. But I never changed the chain. I just flushed out the bottom end out with it out of the hull. Covers off both ends, that sort of thing. I didn't find a piece of collet about the size of a grain of sand, but assumed it flushed out with the oil. Maybe the chain had taken a tweak and was on borrowed time.................or did the gears give way................

+1
    Torque from the Turbo IMO.
    Sorry about this. Switch back to SC on rebuild.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information