Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What would be a good price for this leftover -- 2012 Yamaha VXS?

Thinking this leftover might be a good starting point for my family. So at $11,199 list what target should I be looking for as a OTD price including a one position trailer? I'm so new at these but a good negotiator in general. Am I better waiting until the cold of winter and looking at a 2013 leftover? Or are the current incentives (+2 years Y.E.S.) plus $1,000 in incentives (not sure what these are), and financing worth it to pull the trigger now before 8/11? Thanks for helping!!

+1
    Yamaha is releasing something new in less than 2 weeks. You should probably wait and see what it is just in case it might sway you from just "getting a good deal." Other than that, I think you can probably get the price down some more.

+1
    Keep the trailer out of the deal. Tell them you already found one.
    Go for 9k out the door. Get that deal done then go back for trailer if you don't find one on your own.
    Good luck.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    When I bought mine in 2011 brand new, I got it at a base price of $9999.......

Thank you all for the terrific advice. Great suggestion on the trailer. When you say OTD do you mean prep, tax, and registration? I'm going to wait it out and see if it sits for another week or so and see what the promo might be after the current one ends on 8/11. Is that a good or bad idea??

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Yamaha is releasing something new in less than 2 weeks. You should probably wait and see what it is just in case it might sway you from just "getting a good deal." Other than that, I think you can probably get the price down some more.
    I'm so new to this that I think the 2012 as is would work fine as a first PWC no??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpellet View Post
    Thank you all for the terrific advice. Great suggestion on the trailer. When you say OTD do you mean prep, tax, and registration?
    Correct.

I'm going to wait it out and see if it sits for another week or so and see what the promo might be after the current one ends on 8/11. Is that a good or bad idea??
    Well the only reason I would be "waiting," is to see what products will be announced from Yamaha on 8/12.
    For example, you might find that the new VXS comes with trim or some other upgrade that you might desire.
    If you have no plans to purchase a 2014 unit then there is no reason to wait.

I'm so new to this that I think the 2012 as is would work fine as a first PWC no??
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    What did that include?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    What did that include?
    A monthly payment?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Thank you all for the terrific advice. Great suggestion on the trailer. When you say OTD do you mean prep, tax, and registration?
    Correct.

I'm going to wait it out and see if it sits for another week or so and see what the promo might be after the current one ends on 8/11. Is that a good or bad idea??
    Well the only reason I would be "waiting," is to see what products will be announced from Yamaha on 8/12.
    For example, you might find that the new VXS comes with trim or some other upgrade that you might desire.
    If you have no plans to purchase a 2014 unit then there is no reason to wait.

Absolutely.
    Are better prices/promos yet to come is the unknown. Especially as this is a 2012?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information