Thread: Dilemma

Dilemma

I have an ultra 250x on hold with a 500.00 deposit. I am just waiting it to arrive at the dealer. It is 1 of 3 that he knows for sure he is getting and the other 2 are sold also.

Then I just got a call from a friend who has a 06 low hr rxp that he has paid on for a year and is looking for someone to take over payments. It is a second ski that was his business partners who left state but it is under my friends name (I know useless info).

The question is should I take him up on his offer and save a few thousand? I am so excited for the kawi yet the old pocket book says wellll.... Damn Damn Damn I wish he wouldn't have called.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 03-09-2007 at 12:34 AM.

If your asking how great the 250 is? ITS FREEKING AWSOME.

The delema you have sounds more personal.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Ill leave this one alone!

Skip You're right it does boil down a personal choice... if I would have wanted a RXP I would have just bought one. I am not going to look at the 250 while trying to catch it on the RXP thinking it could have been mine.

+1
    I'll give my pennies worth.
    If you want a faster boat in the ugly water and like a more ergonomically friendly boat, get the Kawi. If you EVER plan on towing or taking those nice looooooonnnnngg journeys, the comfort of the Kawi won't go un-noticed.
    If you want something a little more cramped and know it's slower in the big water, but it can riiiiip in the nice water get the BRP.
    I've always found saving a couple of bucks never allowed me to get what I REALLY wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    If you want a faster boat in the ugly water and like a more ergonomically friendly boat, get the Kawi. If you EVER plan on towing or taking those nice looooooonnnnngg journeys, the comfort of the Kawi won't go un-noticed.
    If you want something a little more cramped and know it's slower in the big water, but it can riiiiip in the nice water get the BRP.
    I've always found saving a couple of bucks never allowed me to get what I REALLY wanted.
    well said!

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post

Yep thats what I was trying to say.

Just buy the 250 and that way you have an awsome ski and warrantee. Plus chicks dig the new 250. Especialy the RED.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Plus chicks dig the new 250. Especialy the RED.
    Now that is what I wanted to hear!!!

Plus another thing to facter in is what's your ride style. Do you want to do spin outs and lots of wave jumping, something smaller and a little more nimble and you run in purely quiet water, then maybe the RXP would be better for you.

If you want something that is more versatile (storage, 3 up, great quality reputation) then the 250 X might be better.

Right now there are a lot more mods for an RXP and guys have them running over 80. However, by this time next year I think there will be some 250 x's running close to 80.

I personally like a different ski for different experiences, and enviroments, but I'm getting older and the thought of a beast that can really handle rough water is just what I'm looking for.

If I were you I'd try and ride both for half a day in all types of water conditions and let the seat of your pants make the call.

$ .02

+1
    If you ride in rough water mostly, get an Ultra. If you ride in mostly calm water and love speed, get the RXP. If you need to ride 3 up or pull water toys, get the Ultra. If you mostly ride alone or with one passenger, the RXP works well. This is somewhat apples and oranges and it really depends on you, your conditions and riding style. If you really love to be the fastest and have calm water to run on, and want to do some mods, the RXP is easier to get close to the 80 mph range. I like both, and would likely buy the Ultra if I needed a 3 seater.

Thread Information