Flooded '06 GTX 155 while moored

A shaft seal failure while moored resulted in my 06 SeaDoo GTX 155 Standard becoming flooded. After getting it towed and trailered it was drained and washed with Salt Away. Got engine started and dried out but am getting a constant audible warning when battery power is connected. The audible warning is accompanied by a scrolling message "Welcome Aboard SeaDoo" a solenoid on the throttle body clicks a few times and the message sequence repeats - no other message displays. All of the connectors have been pulled, blown out with compressed air, greased with dielectric and reseated. When the DESS key is placed on the post it gives a loud chirp followed by two short chirps, all while the constant warning signal is at a lower volume. Has anyone experienced this and how do I fix it? I do not have access to a B.U.D.S. system, connectors etc. What can I expect to fail as a result of the flooding? Am wanting to install a bilge pump to prevent recurrence of the flooding. Am open to recommendations on make model and install location from those who have installed them on their ski's. Also need help with eliminating the bloom of corrosion on various surfaces. Open to any ideas that do not involve pulling the engine. I'll do that as a last resort...

+1

Cool

The fact that its making noises without the key on it makes me think the dess post is bad.
    You need to change the oil and filter and get it up and running.
    Once its running you need to run it for 20-30 min to bake out the rest of the moisture.

Was this sunk in fresh or salt water??

+1
    Almost forgot..

Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

Thanks for the welcome!
    Flooding was in salt water. The ski wasn't submerged, just down in the stern. Water did not cover the dipstick or the DESS post and there was no water in the engine. After getting it on the trailer and drained, I used a shop vac to suck the water out of the intake and used the leaf blower to clear all of the air ducts to the throttle body, bilge, etc. The engine started without hydrolock and I ran it for a while to dry it out. Upon examining the shaft seal it appears that the stainless coupling/washer piece of the shaft seal simply backed away from the carbon ring and while riding the water was scavenged out of the bilge but when the ski was stationary in came the water. The shaft seal setup is really fairly lousy engineering.

I don't know enough about the DESS post and what magic it contains to determine if it is the problem or perhaps the MPEM. Could a short in the starter relay provide enough current path to cause a constant warning?? The wiring information in the shop manual leaves much to the imagination. The riding season up here in Puget Sound is short. Any help is much appreciated.

+1
    With so many electronics in these skis its hard to say which 1 is shorting out. Just leave the ski open to dry and hopefully what ever was wet causing the short will dry out.
    You did good by not getting water in the motor.

Thread Information