Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many hrs does it take for a stock ECU to re adjust after installing an airfilter?

How many hours does it take for a stock ECU to re adjust itself after installing an airfilter and what can speed up the process?

+1
    It doesn't take any time at all. The adjustment should be instant and based off of sensors in the ski that communicate with the ECU.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    It doesn't take any time at all. The adjustment should be instant and based off of sensors in the ski that communicate with the ECU.
    +1.

+1
    Ski's are not closed loop(measures exhaust and compensates) (long term and short term trim), therefore there in no adjustment like a car has. install a more restrictive or less restrict intake requires a change in fueling to be properly adjusted for and that only comes with measuring AFR and remapping fueling.

I've read in the forum somewhere it takes around 5 hours before it fully re adjusts?

If instant then that's great get my ski back with I think around 7+ mods of which will be a 4" Intake on an R & D Power Plenum Filter.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lost_dogg View Post
    I've read in the forum somewhere it takes around 5 hours before it fully re adjusts?

If instant then that's great get my ski back with I think around 7+ mods of which will be a 4" Intake on an R & D Power Plenum Filter.

Thanks!
    This is not true. Please read the post just above yours by Brd-Prey. There is no "auto-adjust" with these fuel systems. The only ways to change compensation are a re-map, playing with fuel pressure, inserting in-line adapters to trick sensors, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post

Thanks!
    This is not true. Please read the post just above yours by Brd-Prey. There is no "auto-adjust" with these fuel systems. The only ways to change compensation are a re-map, playing with fuel pressure, inserting in-line adapters to trick sensors, etc.
    This may sound stupid,BUT if the ECU does not make any adjustments,what is the use of the MAP,KNOCK,Air intake temp,exhaust temp sensors???do they not send a signal to the ECU for MINOR adjustment to timing and fuel per conditions???There has to be some lee way...how can you take a stock ski run it in 90 degree weather then take the same ski and run it in 30 degree weather with no problems..also what adjusts the fuel and timing during warm up??if you run your ski at start up and watch the AFRs they will be a tad bit richer until the motor reaches operating temps then the lean out.....i understand a whole new map or major changes cannot be made by the ECU, BUT minor compensations for stock applications...it will not adjust for add on parts...so his ECU will NOT make any adjustments for the air intake..
    Last edited by Snoman; 08-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Thanks!

This may sound stupid,BUT if the ECU does not make any adjustments,what is the use of the MAP,KNOCK,Air intake temp,exhaust temp sensors???do they not send a signal to the ECU for MINOR adjustment to timing and fuel per conditions???There has to be some lee way...how can you take a stock ski run it in 90 degree weather then take the same ski and run it in 30 degree weather with no problems..also what adjusts the fuel and timing during warm up??if you run your ski at start up and watch the AFRs they will be a tad bit richer until the motor reaches operating temps then the lean out.....i understand a whole new map or major changes cannot be made by the ECU, BUT minor compensations for stock applications...it will not adjust for add on parts...so his ECU will NOT make any adjustments for the air intake..
    Perhaps I should have been more clear. You are correct to a degree, the ECU is using data from all the sensors to adjust the fuel and ignition. But all of the maps it uses internally with the data it gets from the sensors are created with a known set of components and conditions. If you modify something, and the result of the modification is something that the ECU compensates within the map parameters and results in the proper fuel and spark, then you are OK. But many modifications we make to our skis create conditions outside of what the ECU can compensate with the given maps, and you end up with fuel AFR out of whack. (ignition on these skis is fairly dynamic as it uses the knock sensor to find optimum advance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Thanks!

Perhaps I should have been more clear. You are correct to a degree, the ECU is using data from all the sensors to adjust the fuel and ignition. But all of the maps it uses internally with the data it gets from the sensors are created with a known set of components and conditions. If you modify something, and the result of the modification is something that the ECU compensates within the map parameters and results in the proper fuel and spark, then you are OK. But many modifications we make to our skis create conditions outside of what the ECU can compensate with the given maps, and you end up with fuel AFR out of whack. (ignition on these skis is fairly dynamic as it uses the knock sensor to find optimum advance.)

Snoman I should of been maybe more clear on the post what I meant by re adjusting was the stock ECU adjusting itself with respect to the mapping limits on the stock ECU.

Thank you all for your input will get my ski back by Wed and will test it out.

What mods did you do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information