Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

My Version of a Properly Configured STX-15F

I know there isn't much love for the 15F amongst the power hungry 300X owners but I wanted to show what I did to make my 15F a very respectable performance craft.

MODIFICATIONS/REASONING

1) Worx sponsons-I lost one of the blades so I had replacement aluminum ones made
    2) R+D H.P. air filter
    3) Jettrim seat cover with medium slip material
    4) reverse bucket removed-I found the reverse function to be totally useless
    5) Kawasaki Smart Steering system deactivated-totally unnecessary and I ran into the trailer while loading because of it
    6) disconnected the fuel gage-the low fuel light comes on when there is still about a third of a tank left making it useless
    7) added eyelets to tie off dock lines-there are none on the boat from the factory
    13/19 Solas Concord impeller tuned by Impros installed-because I don't trust the accuracy of off-the-shelf blades
    9) R+D Aquavein intake grate installed-to improve rough water hook up and it eliminated an annoying howl that the boat made

The only remaining mod I have planned is a ride plate. I ordered a Shredmaster in May and I still haven't seen it so I may end up with a R+D unit.
    I haven't owned it long enough for it to become a legend in my own mind but I sure am enjoying this summer a lot more than the last one when I was trying to make my FZR run right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	309187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	309188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	309189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020.jpg 
Views:	1313 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	309190

+1
    Very very nice!!!

To use the R&D filter, did you have to leave out the rear bucket?

1) Worx sponsons-I lost one of the blades so I had replacement aluminum ones made
    How thick is the aluminum plate used for the blades?

7) added eyelets to tie off dock lines-there are none on the boat from the factory
    You talking about the 2 on the back? You added those? Shocked if Kawasaki didn't include those.
    I noticed the four (2 on each side) that are usually on the hull sides towards the rear are not there. I'm surprised at that even though they were rarely used by most people.

+1
    I was able to keep the bucket in place. That was the main benefit of this filter.
    The aluminum plate for the sponson blades measures .310 thick.
    I installed the eyelets on the cover for the helm assembly, just below the handlebars. This is a '12 model and it didn't come with the rear eyelets.

+1
    BTW, thanks for the compliments!

+1
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Why dont you just hit the mode button when the fuel warning comes on to silence it? also why would you remove the reverse bucket on the stock plate, there isnt any gain and while you can maneuver the Craft without reverse and I have been for years on my race ski because it wont fit its nice to have. The sponson blades look nice, im making a set out of 1/4 inch.

Sean

+1
    I kept reverse, its the only way I can get it off the trailer at the launch, I agree the fuel gauge is useless, but what I found by accident was when it beeps low fuel, you push mode to silence it, but if you push mode again for a couple seconds it returns the other functions of the display & then I know how far I can go my the odometer. Eyelets are a good idea for tying to the dock, the ones it comes with are also useless, they are too small to put a rope through, it looks like the later model didn't have those. I may have to get a different intake grate, still putting up with the annoying howl. I found the seat cover too really makes the ski look better. Your ski looks nice in that color combo with seat cover. You will like the R&D plate, it really makes a difference in top speed & acceleration from 50 up is improved.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Why dont you just hit the mode button when the fuel warning comes on to silence it? also why would you remove the reverse bucket on the stock plate, there isnt any gain and while you can maneuver the Craft without reverse and I have been for years on my race ski because it wont fit its nice to have. The sponson blades look nice, im making a set out of 1/4 inch.

Sean
    I'm hard of hearing so I don't even hear the beeping. I know that it can be silenced but every time the machine is restarted it beeps again and I don't want to annoy the people around me if I forget to silence it. I removed the reverse because it was so ineffective and the lever is on the right side of the console and there's a secondary locking lever that needs to be actuated. It just pissed me off because it looked like it was designed for the lawyers.

+1
    The removal of Useless items to some. But I tend to disagree with your reasoning and put it down to rider error. How can you blame steer assist for loading the ski on a trailer obviously you were approaching way to fast. Reverse a much needed devise for ease of moving about in confined spaces and group rides. Fuel alarm well I'm dumbfounded with that one lol. Each to their own but you have removed some genuine placed accessories.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    The removal of Useless items to some. But I tend to disagree with your reasoning and put it down to rider error. How can you blame steer assist for loading the ski on a trailer obviously you were approaching way to fast. Reverse a much needed devise for ease of moving about in confined spaces and group rides. Fuel alarm well I'm dumbfounded with that one lol. Each to their own but you have removed some genuine placed accessories.
    Your ski looks fantastic but I must agree with ^^ comments.

Whats up with Shredmaster? I have heard of hang-ups. They probably don't do a run until they get X amount of orders or something. Supposed to be the best all-around plate but pricey and to me thats crap customer service when you want but can't get.

Good luck and enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information