stx 1100 blown PTO piston

So the inevitable has occurred... I was riding the 1100 last saturday when it started misfiring a little bit. It was not really bad, but I took it back to the dock and checked the plugs which were brand new. One was really fouled up so i tried to clean it a little and put it back in. It ran like normal till the end of the no wake zone and then started misfiring again. When I brought it back to the dock a 2nd time I shut it down and tried to start it back up and heard a clank.

So anyway i pulled the head off and found what I thought I would find. Here goes the task of the rebuild. I can see a couple big chucks of piston down in the block, but the motor was not run after the clank of the piston breaking. will it be safe to get the rest of the piston out of the block and rebuild the head? What is the best way to get that stuff out of the block?

All the fuel system is clean and functioning normally, oil lines are intact too. We are not really sure what caused it to do what it did, especially at 75 HOURS!!

ANY HELP will be appreciated!

thanks guys

Did the to ring land break? What kind of pistons?

the engine was bone stock, so I am assuming OEM stock pistons. The rings broken into a couple different pieces, but yeah the land broke right above the ring toward the top of the piston.

Thread Information