1995 Seadoo Speedster one doggy motor

I picked up a seadoo speedster with twin 657 x engines. The drivers side engine runs great and has plenty of power. The passenger side engine idles fine but seems powerless. when im at idle and i floor both engines to plan off the DS engine revs up and goes up to the rev limit and the PS engine will only rev quick to 4500 rpm and will sit there as it slowly plans up and then the motor revs slowly all the way to rev limit ( around 6500-7000 rpm). also when i turn real sharp the DS engine powers through and the PS engine kinda dies down the around 5k rpm. ALso sometimes while im running wide open the PS motor with just die down and then catch itself a few times and then rev back up toaround rev limit. I checked compression and it was all around 145psi in all 4 cylinders. The boat sat for 10 years before i got it but was rebuilt by team butch right before it was put away 10 years ago, any ideas??? thanks guys

+1
    Have the Carbs been recently rebuilt?
    Maybe run some fuel cleaner thru it..
    What about a new set of spark plugs and wires??
    The wires do break down over time even without use..

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    FUEL cleaner? or stabilzer? DO NOT add a carb cleaner or you'll screw the carb diaphrams and needles on them. at least thats all iv'e ever seen come out of it. But i'd go through the carbs again imo

SO got the boat out again yesterday. It still has the same issues. One motor revs and pulls like it should but the ps motor has like no power. compression is good in both engine. also the ps engine with fould plugs out in about an hour or so. and the motor with hesitate and stay around 4500 even at full throttle. any other ideas?

+1
    Im having a similar problem with mine. Drivers side engine is a little low on power even though they both have the same compression... pass engine will rev to 7000rpm no problem, drivers side only to 55-6000 rpm. Then when warm and on no wake zones the drivers side will foul out plugs fast. When you go full throttle it breaks up at around 4000rpm and u have to play with gas to get it back up to plane.

I just changed.
    both jet pumps,
    both wear rings
    and both rectifiers.
    Carbs were taken apart and are ok
    new fuel filters
    new plugs gapped at 22
    I will let you know if it shows any improvement.

+1
    Update:
    cavitation I was having on the passanger side is fixed. It would run fine when up to 4500 rpm, then would jump super fast to 7000rpm and the boat would go nowhere. Sort of felt like a car when driving the suddenly put into neutral..

I rebuilt both jet pumps, new washer, seal and bearings. Put a new wear ring and reused the same props. They were slightly dinged here n there but ok to reuse. I used black silicone to seal the pumps to hull, I know its going to be a pain when I need to service the pump again but the stock I think neopreme gasket has negative remarks on several threads on different sites I visited.

the boat now picks up the front and takes off almost like a jetski, im talking night and day difference. But my top speed is still off I think. 49mph max top speed with an average of 45mph.

my drivers engine will not go past 6000rpm, while the passangers goes to about 7-7200rpm. No clue why, yet.

Yep, rebuilding the pumps can make a huge difference on these boats.

Thread Information