Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Bought modded fzr.....

Guys, I am new to the yam side and bought a modded fzr from this site. Its freaking impressive, I am shocked at how hard it pulls compared to my stage 3 rxp. With that said, I am experience some clutch slippage. So, what kit,what gear dampner etc would you guys go with? Also should I upgrade the shaft with an aftermarket kit, what kits do I need to keep this modded ski going Ski is an 09....I will be asking pant loads of questions going forward since the Yams are a diff animal. Since the Sc is getting pulled what do I need to do or order to get it up to par, ski has 15.5 wheel in it on stock shaft. Thanks again guys....

+1
    2013 clutch and idler gear!!!! U can go with either the r&d upgraded shaft or the riva gen 3 I have both and both shafts work good but I do like the extra oiling line on the gen 3

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yol, do you mean the stock kit on the website for oem, at $699? Then either shaft kit? Thanks again

Banned User
    +1
    R and D shaft is great and lighter

6. +1 by:

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    With that said, I am experience some clutch slippage.

Could you explain what you mean by "clutch slippage". Are you sure it is not cavitation you are getting ?

Matt (can't think of his screen name) is somewhere around Smith Lake and has a 80mph SHO. I am sure he can help you get your ski sorted out.
    Congratulations on the new ride.
    Chuck

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Put in the stock 2013 setup. Dont mess with the dampener. These sprag clutches will "slip" when the running surfaces get so galled that the sprags literally cant grab anything and hold.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    With that said, I am experience some clutch slippage.

Could you explain what you mean by "clutch slippage". Are you sure it is not cavitation you are getting ?

Matt (can't think of his screen name) is somewhere around Smith Lake and has a 80mph SHO. I am sure he can help you get your ski sorted out.
    Congratulations on the new ride.
    Chuck
    Chuck, my ski has the seado pump, it has Zero cavitation. Its incredible. On the ski, when you get to 10/12 lbs of boost she falls on her face. Ski just hits the limiter and slows down, not like over the bars but def has an issue... I have got to read some data logging today on the Vipec to see exactly whats going on but it appears that I am running barley over half throttle in the 77mph range....I am about 70% sure I am going to need a repitch also...I rode approx. 25/30 min just getting used to ski and reviewing the afrs in all the ranges. It looks a tad lead in my opinion but once in boost its really close. Personally, I like my skis on the rich side...Rich=Safer LOL

+1
    FYI guys, this ski is not even comparable to my RXP. Its a boat that's agile and impressive in the chop. I cannot believe I did not look at the FZR platform sooner...These skis are that good

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I found steering cable on Partszilla.com for like 180 something.....its a kit comes with everything you need to get that steering back up to snuff......If it has 100hrs on it its probably time.......some people get more hrs out of them....mine I just changed was starting to get stiff still probably could get the rest of this summer out of it, but I changed it now, and I'm glad I did, as it's a safety issue.....Don't wanna sip out a straw ya know? the boot on cable at the Business end of ski if that's gone it will kill the cable from what I learnt.

What are the AFR's on the ski, I'm sure everyone wants to know, with those 1000cc injectors are doing on only a 15.5 wheel, and do you know if the Fuel pump had been upgraded?

+1
    Since he is running a vipec he can run the 1000cc cause he can change the fuel table around. I think with vipec they recommend 1000cc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information