What does failed SC feel like when turned by hand?

I have a 2006 RXP 215 IC SC. I got the ski with failed ceramics and completely took everything down and built back up including having Jerry rebuild my SC with an OEM kit about 90hrs ago. Daughter was riding and came in complaining of unfamiliar sound (loud while slow) machine was limping with 12v low warnng. Because of the hours, I pulled the tube off SC and checked by hand. It did not turn freely but I was able to turn small amts with great difficulty. Was smooth but with friction. Is this slip? Is that what washer failure feels like? Some have described free turning. I don't have that. I know it is time to send back to Jerry. Just hope I don't have to pull the motor again. Barry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bminchey View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP 215 IC SC. I got the ski with failed ceramics and completely took everything down and built back up including having Jerry rebuild my SC with an OEM kit about 90hrs ago. Daughter was riding and came in complaining of unfamiliar sound (loud while slow) machine was limping with 12v low warnng. Because of the hours, I pulled the tube off SC and checked by hand. It did not turn freely but I was able to turn small amts with great difficulty. Was smooth but with friction. Is this slip? Is that what washer failure feels like? Some have described free turning. I don't have that. I know it is time to send back to Jerry. Just hope I don't have to pull the motor again. Barry
    Yes that sounds like slip. If Jerry built the charger then it would have been rebuilt with metal washers not ceramics. If your washer or washers had failed completely, then you would be able too spin the charger freely unless it is jammed with washer pieces. What you describe sounds like slip but it may well need to be reset, it might just be low. Check for hoses off as you say the ski sounds different. Pull the charger and see what it`s like off the ski. How does it turn etc, rough/smooth, play on the shaft etc, movement back and forth, up and down, your looking for the condition of the shaft bearings. I would rebuild it anyway since it was last done about 90 hrs ago as you stated.
    Last edited by heckie; 08-04-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: additional text

+1
    When rebuilding the charger have the washers and bearings replaced every time. Bearing failure can cause 2k+ in damages..

Thread Information