Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

East coast offshore race. Need help

Hey guys. I was in ocean city maryland again this weekend and did anothe flat out inlet to inlet run from ocm to Indian river inlet. I'd really like to get a offshore race on the east coast. I brought this up before. I have a dealer that may be interested in helping. I'm gonna make some other contacts. Would anyone race or be able to help with this bad ass event. The inlet I ripped up to and back is roughly 20 miles each way. Nothing like it at WOT in the ocean. This would be bad ass.
    Any contacts would be great. This summer got real busy for me. I tried this over winter but had no time any help be great

+1
    WOT in the ocean is no joke. Gets your heart pumping for sure. I would love to join but honestly would probably always be too busy to do so

+1
    If your talking a IJSBA sanctioned race its gonna cost ya...your gonna need sponsorships to help with the cost and the town where the race is held will have to give you approval and permit and that's gonna cost ya,being an offshore race gonna need a safety and lead boat...and the list goes on....

I'm assuming your not just talking a bunch of guys just getting together for some grudge racing...
    But I luv your idea anyway!

Best bet is to try to get this AquaX offshore racing in Fla to come up north like Colonial beach VA where the the town approves jet ski racing in the ocean..I've been asking the promoters thru FB to set this up next yr up north for at least one show..there had been a lot of excitement for this kind off racing

If more people reach out to them who knows?
    Last edited by jetdave56; 08-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Hey guys. I was in ocean city maryland again this weekend and did anothe flat out inlet to inlet run from ocm to Indian river inlet. I'd really like to get a offshore race on the east coast. I brought this up before. I have a dealer that may be interested in helping. I'm gonna make some other contacts. Would anyone race or be able to help with this bad ass event. The inlet I ripped up to and back is roughly 20 miles each way. Nothing like it at WOT in the ocean. This would be bad ass.
    Any contacts would be great. This summer got real busy for me. I tried this over winter but had no time any help be great
    Get ahold of PWCOFFSHORE.COM (Mark Gerner) or RPM (Ross Wallach) and they will give you the full skinny. They put on the LB2CAT every year and Triple Crown of Offshore races (this year only 1 race instead of 3 though) These guys do a great job. You could also get together with Taori1 (Jim Lambert) who does the DJSA races for alternate info.
    It may take some time and effort but with some "Can do" and wherewithall if you really want to do this thing do it.
    One of the best things I have done for myself and my family is involve myself with these folks out here. They are good, quality, dedicated folks and put on a class event(s) and yep, as GGG says offshore racing is no joke: It'sa frickin' gas!!

Or as jetdave56 says, go the AquaX route. Get a commited list of folks, a venue (course) and go for it! Best luck and take care.

+1
    I have contacted pwcoffshore and they responded and said it was a great idea and said they'd get back to me. Ill try again. A grunge race be cool just with a bunch a skiers but a sanctioned event is what I'm shooting for. Ill make some other contacts. See what can happen or at worse put a bug in someone's ear that make it happen. We need more events in the northeast. I found the Virginia beach wave junkies have a free ride and saw in the past had an endurance race for offshore. Gonna look into that too

6. +1 by:

+1
    I have contacted pwcoffshore and they responded and said it was a great idea and said they'd get back to me. Ill try again. A grunge race be cool just with a bunch a skiers but a sanctioned event is what I'm shooting for. Ill make some other contacts. See what can happen or at worse put a bug in someone's ear that make it happen. We need more events in the northeast. I found the Virginia beach wave junkies have a free ride and saw in the past had an endurance race for offshore. Gonna look into that too
    Yep...been banging the drum trying to get something going up here in the northeast thru the message boards..the only sanctioned racing up north are the UWP series held in Colonial beach VA and the NEWA racing held in various parts of New York State,there all CC racing ...I raced there first show in Kingston 4 heats..

Unfortunately PWC racing is extremely expensive to put on an event and risky and maybe best left to promoters who have done it in past...

Btw the promoter of the NEWA event wants to hear some new ideas for 2014...drag racing definitely got his attention especially with the success of the Hydodrags in Fla...but Offshore?..hmmmm..that's a different story

+1
    Check out www.wavedaze.com. Virginia beach wave junkies host a free ride and an endurance 40 mile race

+1
    Check out www.wavedaze.com. Virginia beach wave junkies host a free ride and an endurance 40 mile race
    Just sent an Email for info to the Sponsor organizer for Wavedaze events about an Edurance race of somekind in VA..have not heard back...

Might not be able to get away for this yr...but next yr for sure!

+1
    Great!!!! They do this every April as well. I'm gonna try to go this year. Keep us posted if u hear back

+1
    Great!!!! They do this every April as well. I'm gonna try to go this year. Keep us posted if u hear back
    Spoke to the man in charge...this is a "endurance challenge" not a race,there's no 1st 2nd 3rd no trophies no sanctioning but you will be required to sign a waiver,there are saftey boat lead and trailing the ride..your entry fee is $35 which goes to various charities as Wavedaze is non profit organization.

The ride is anywhere from 28 to 40 miles depending on water conditions but it will take you under one of the "wonders of the world" the Chesapeake bay bridge...

It's more of a Jetfest of hanging out with other skiers mostly stand ups and freestyles...

They do it in Oct and April..I might bring the family and do next yrs spring run...maybe I'll see you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information