Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

another fogging question?

I`ve read some of the threads here and on SD.net, why can`t we just spray fogging oil thru the inlet of the SC as the engine is running? Will that crap out a sensor or something? I`m pretty sure the dealer didn`t pull the fuel rail off and spray fogger in there, but they did pull the plugs and note the compression pressures...the machine sits in the garage with the cover on loosely (to keep dust off) and it sometimes gets down to 30 or so on real cold nights...PR...

+1
    if you do it with teh engine running teh engien will be too hot and just evaporate the lube or burn it, even if the engien is running cold the lube will move past the valves too fast to properly lube them,

Okay, ...is it neccesary if the ski is indoors?...PR...

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I take my spark plugs out and spray some oil in the cylinders then hold the throttle wide open which enables a safety feature and cuts fuel and spark so the ski won't even attempt to start. Then crank it for a few seconds and repeat 2 or 3 times. Put your spark plugs back in hand tight and you're done.

Cool, I know about the flood mode, just didn`t know if it was absolutely neccesary to pull the fuel rail and injectors. Not to be lazy or anything, I`m wondering why BRP didn`t design it for the standard fogging like when your doing an outboard...oh well...PR...

+1
    on an 8000$ engine i would do it, but thats just me, it may not be totally necessary but brp says to do it so i do it

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the only way to get the intake valves lubes up is thru injectors or fuel rail really.... figging thru spark plug holes will do the job for the cylinders and pistons and whatever.... filling up the fail rail or each individual injector then cranking it at WOT in flood mode will suck that lube thru there for added protection and lubrication...

indoors or not i would say this is a must personally...

the only debate for indoors versus outdoors is whther ur gonna put anti-freeze in the exhaust manifold and Intercooler or not.... my garage stays fairly warm, especially if i'm spending some out there with the heater going... so anti-freeze step i skip... but the rest of the fuel stabilizer and fogging procedures i follow

Shibbs, do you install new o-rings or just re-use the old ones? how difficult is the rail or injectors to pull out? thanks...PR...

+1
    yank the fuel rail off, use e-torq socket on the 2 bolts, disconnect the wires to the spark plugs and you are done. You can reuse the o-rings if they look okay, nicks or anything like that, replace them.

+1
    In the UK we have been told to fog the engine just like the Two stroke they have had alot of throtle housings sieze up. to get the lube in there i remove the engine breather pipe to the power filter and spray lube in the filter till engine misses then switch off refit pipe for beather and job done.This is done after every use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information