Why would a 2009 rxt-215 SINK

My wife was pulling the boat in from tubing with a few teenages on board. I was walking down to the dock, I heard someone calling for help. My wifes makes a beeline over to a sea-doo sitting in the middle of the bay. Her and another boat get the people off it flips, they flip it back and tow it to my camp. We put up on the lift and let it drain, the water was almost over the engine. Put it back in the water it will not start, his friend comes over and they tow it home. It was not taking on any water after we drained it no leaks. What in the world would make this happen it had only 50 hours I asked it looked brand new..

+1
    A leaking carbon seal, around the driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    A leaking carbon seal, around the driveshaft

Is that common with such a new and low hour machine... is there an issue with the seals... my wifes ski is 20 years old and never leaked through a drive-shaft seal...

+1
    It is most likely they/you "hydrolocked" the engine flipping it and towing it. Pull the plugs and try turning over the engine, if water comes out, you need to get the water out of the intake manifold, head, exhaust manifold, etc. ASAP!

Do a search and read your owners manual about capsized and or flooded engine. Act fast.
    Last edited by jpt7779; 08-04-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    It is most likely you "hydrolocked" the engine flipping it and towing it. Pull the plugs and try turning over the engine, if water comes out, you need to get the water out of the intake manifold, head, exhaust manifold, etc. ASAP!

Do a search and read your owners manual about capsized and or flooded engine. Act fast.

Ski is not mine, it flipped because it was already full of water. It was towed maybe 250ft at about 2 miles an hour. I checked the oil it was clean I did not want to mess with someone's very expensive ski. I told them to tow it home slow 5 minute trip take out the plugs.. see if they can get it started. Then get it out of the water and to a dealer tomorrow..

+1
    A cooling line, or clamp could have came off, and filled the hull while running also.

A cooling line, or clamp could have came off, and filled the hull while running also.

Maybe are there any under the engine, I spent 15 minutes checking every clamp and hose I could see before they tried to start it again. I read in a few place SEA-DOO has had trouble with drive-shaft seals and water getting in with IS seat. Not sure if this had it.. ever heard of this.

+1
    I lost the main line from the pump once... barely made it to shore. Water was halfway up the supercharger before I knew it.
    If water wasn't leaking out while it was on the trailer, it may be a loose line somewhere.
    Get all the water out as soon as possible, check oil, drain/flush if necessary, and start while on the trailer and see if water is circulating properly or if the hull begins filling again.
    Good luck!

Thread Information