Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

ECU reflash for ultra 300 to be offered by R&D ..

Just got an E mail from Glenn saying to check there website in a week or two..

Will be programmed for a stock ski and 93 octane but a Solas prop is recommended..that's all the info I was told,no info on what is done whether an adjustment in the fuel curve, raising rev limiter ,price etc...

+1
    I bet it's the same tune that dynotronics was using ... We shall see , my ski is on that tune for the past year and half !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post

Will be programmed for a stock ski and 93 octane but a Solas prop is recommended..that's all the info I was told,no info on what is done whether an adjustment in the fuel curve, raising rev limiter ,price etc...
    I think he told me the price is $799.00 kinda high don't ya think?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post

I think he told me the price is $799.00 kinda high don't ya think?
    Hmmmm..and round trip shipping + Ins..I figured $500 + shipping...its just a little less to what Lauri Eho is charging if you figure in the euro exchange...

I'm buying a kayak....

+1
    I will say this, Unless you are CC or drag racing there is no benifit to getting the ECU tunes. I would agree with Sal that the 93 tune will probably be very similar to the Piasani/Dynotronics tune.
    Even if they raise the limiter there will be no gain for us since we will never get to our current limiter. You will probably not get much if any top speed with the pump gas tune.
    I am not trying to knock a product not even released yet or that I have tested. I am only speaking from my experience with the Dynotronics tune and a few other things we have tested on our team 300s. It is just quite a bit of money that a non racer will never "get his money's worth"
    I personally would not have gotten the Dynotronics tune at $450 if I were to have gotten another 300. The Pro Stock leading 300x is running a stock tune with a stock impeller and I can vouch that it is even the oem pitch. He hole shots just about every single moto and only had one ski to ever get a hole shot on him and that is a ski that none of us would ever encounter on our local lake or river. All of this being said I am sold that leaving the ECU stock allowing you to run the OEM impeller is plenty good enough. Just like the rest of the ski, leave the ECU alone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I will say this, Unless you are CC or drag racing there is no benifit to getting the ECU tunes. I would agree with Sal that the 93 tune will probably be very similar to the Piasani/Dynotronics tune.
    Even if they raise the limiter there will be no gain for us since we will never get to our current limiter. You will probably not get much if any top speed with the pump gas tune.
    I am not trying to knock a product not even released yet or that I have tested. I am only speaking from my experience with the Dynotronics tune and a few other things we have tested on our team 300s. It is just quite a bit of money that a non racer will never "get his money's worth"
    I personally would not have gotten the Dynotronics tune at $450 if I were to have gotten another 300. The Pro Stock leading 300x is running a stock tune with a stock impeller and I can vouch that it is even the oem pitch. He hole shots just about every single moto and only had one ski to ever get a hole shot on him and that is a ski that none of us would ever encounter on our local lake or river. All of this being said I am sold that leaving the ECU stock allowing you to run the OEM impeller is plenty good enough. Just like the rest of the ski, leave the ECU alone.
    I agree! I know we all want that little extra out of our ski`s but after the SCOM anything else you do the gains are probably not noticeable to the average rec rider.

+1
    Even for a racer at least in stock class. Heck even in the higher classes also because Eric has been competing on his stock class 300 in all the classes.
    The only thing changed in and anyone can look and see on the team skis are,

SCOM
    Sponsons
    Ride Plate
    Uppers and lowers steering ( one ski is only running the upper)
    2 of us are running a solas that I repitched and one is a bone stock impeller with stock pitch.
    Seat Cover
    Honestly guys this list is all I would do if I were to get a new 300 for the tour next season. If I were to have one to rec ride here locally I would only put the SCOM.

+1
    I personally think the 93 tune is pretty good. Pricey? Yes! The ecu definitely adds a good amount of power from bottom throughout the mid and tapers off on top. The stock prop will cavitate with this tune. I tried running stock prop before I put in the solas. Top speed was higher until I put the Solas in, but not enough to put up with cavitation. I dropped about 1/2 to 1 mph with the prop via gps. If you like buoy to buoy or drag race acceleration, you will like this combo. We had a closed course race this weekend and my teammate ran pro r/a open and I ran pro r/a stock (combined with limited), we holeshot every moto. We raced the same guys we did a month ago when we were on stock props/ecus and everyone noticed the new power of our ski's. Pretty impressive to say the least that stock class Ultras were pulling the holeshot against some very powerful open boats. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. I have no connection to R&D and I have publicly denounced some of their other products, but I think this is legit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    I personally think the 93 tune is pretty good. Pricey? Yes! The ecu definitely adds a good amount of power from bottom throughout the mid and tapers off on top. The stock prop will cavitate with this tune. I tried running stock prop before I put in the solas. Top speed was higher until I put the Solas in, but not enough to put up with cavitation. I dropped about 1/2 to 1 mph with the prop via gps. If you like buoy to buoy or drag race acceleration, you will like this combo. We had a closed course race this weekend and my teammate ran pro r/a open and I ran pro r/a stock (combined with limited), we holeshot every moto. We raced the same guys we did a month ago when we were on stock props/ecus and everyone noticed the new power of our ski's. Pretty impressive to say the least that stock class Ultras were pulling the holeshot against some very powerful open boats. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. I have no connection to R&D and I have publicly denounced some of their other products, but I think this is legit.
    Need to bring it back out to a race and we can compare side by side

+1
    Certainly not gonna sell a kidney for another 200-300 rpms...this reflash is not gonna hook up any better in rough water..its already the best out there..

Was out yesterday in a rough bay with a few skiers in 2-3ft chop and big boat rollers on top..nobody could keep up with me..

I'm just sayin..

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information