1996 Seadoo XP Booging Down as soon as the intake is in the water

I have a 1996 Seadoo XP that i recently replaced the starter on. After replacing the starter, I hooked up water and started and it ran awesome, i had cleaned the contacts as well on the battery connections. I as soon as I put it in the water, started fine (i have a primer kit) and idled a little rough. I gave it gas and it wouldnt really rev up, it tried to kick in a few time, but nothing, if I let it idle in the water for a few minutes then hammered it, I would get some power, but then back to bogging out. I took it out of water and started, ran great. I did a test, i put on the trailer, started and ran it, revved it up and it was great running, my finance backed the trailer down the ramp as I was reving slightly, as soon as the intake hit the water, it bogged out. I took the seat off to see if I had a bad exhaust gasket and it was choking it out, that did not help.

Any thoughts and help is appreciated!!!!!

Thank you,

sounds too me like your running lean on gas. have you checked the fuel lines or checked the carbs? the carbs might need an adjustment or cleaning or a rebuild. id try adjusting them to pump more fuel out first before you take them apart

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like it time for a carb rebuild with a fuel line replacement and fuel selector cleaning. Are the lines gray? If they are its time to do this ASAP. I would also do a compression test on the cylinders before I popped the head of to inspect the piston domes and walls.

Awesome, I think some of the lines were replaced when the primer kit was installed, I have ordered new lines and carb kits and will try this.

Just curious, where did you order your carb kits from?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaym24 View Post
    Just curious, where did you order your carb kits from?
    at the top of the forum there is a tab to the far right of the white Forum tab that says "Order OEM Parts"

Thanks and bear with me here... I clicked the link that took me to the parts finder showing all the individual components. I thought they sold complete carb rebuild kits with all the pieces needed instead of having to pick them individually. I may be missing where that is and it may be obvious - sorry if it is.

+1
    Make sure you don,t have a fouled plug!

Thread Information