Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Distance to water

How far are people willing to drive to ride their pwc's for the day (or weekend)? For those of you who live on the water, go ahead and gloat

My local lake is about 10 minutes away, but there are no good beaches and my wife thinks the water is dirty so it's just the quick place to take friends to and my kids (Utah Lake).

If we're going to make a day out of it with family, I'll usually drive a couple hours (since that's where most the family is.)

A couple times a year, we'll drive to bear lake on the Utah/Idaho border. It's about 2 1/2 hours from my house, but worth the drive.

And finally, once every year or two, I'll make the 5 hour drive down to Lake Powell (the most amazing place on earth in my opinion).

+1
    I used to drive every year to lake Garda Italy, 12 hour drive. Now I have two jetski in Tenerife Spain, that's 4 hours flying for me. I do that 3 or 4 times a year but well worth it! Much more beautifull, dolphins, turtels, ...

+1
    I am 15mins from a nice lake that I use for those awesome early morning adventure rides.

When a lot of family get together I do a 50mins drive to a bigger lake with a beach-side for BBQ and swimming.

The ocean is 20mins from me.

+1
    But for riding my ski.... I WOULD trailer for a couple hours on the weekend, just to get a ride in!

+1
    Closest lake to me is Lake Pleasant at about 50 miles/ 1 hour away but we prefer Lake Bartlett which is about 65-70 miles/ hour and a half away. If I was going somewhere to camp for a full weekend I would be willing to drive maybe 200 miles or so.

+1
    Well, we happen to have a place on Lake Lealanau, but that is 2.5 hrs north east from where we live. Otherwise we have the dirty Saginaw river about 5 mi from home that spills out onto the Saginaw bay. Not the cleanest of water, but once a mi or so out the water clears up. Only other lake near by is about 40mins but has way too many weeds.

+1
    I drive 3-1/2 hours to great ocean riding. A few day trips. Mostly long weekends. Well worth it to me. All I have near me is rivers and lakes. Once the hurricanes come up the coast I never hesitate for a day trip

+1
    I live on a lake but I also trailer my skis to other areas for long distance trail rides...5 hours to the FL panhandle, 4 to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL, 3 to the MS gulf coast, 4 to the Mud Bug, and 8 to another Rally I go to in Oklahoma every year.

+1
    25min to Lake Tarpon. 35min from Dunedin Causeway (then head out to Clearwater beach, gulf)

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    When we were in CA the closest lake we could get on was 1hr. away (Pyramid lake).

We would often (90% of the time) pack up for a 3 to 5 day trip to mead (4.5 hr trip, 1 way).

Here in PCB its about 5 min. to the ramp on the west side of Hathaway bridge, or St. Andrews park, and the bay/ Gulf...

we're probably headed back west next year for a spell, thinking something along the Colorado river system to enjoy; like Powell, Mead, Mojave, or Havasu...
    gonna check out Roosevelt on the way by, and see what thats all about.

Like riding in the ocean, but I really miss my BIG lakes....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information