Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone had any engine issues with SCOM?

Hey guys

I have read in this forum the the SCOM is the best "Bang for the buck" mod for the ultra 300x

I also know you are taking a risk with using one - however how much of a risk? - has anyone of you guys using the SCOM had any trouble with your ski you can contribute to the SCOM?

if you don't WOT all of the time make a difference? - I am thinking of adding that mod only and not really winding it out all of he time - is there anything to do to keep up maintenance more than the usual?

-
    also I noticed that my ultra pretty much gets to to top speed at about 3/4 throttle, anything over that doesn't do anything - I think the limiter is kicking in - I'm getting about 66 mph on the speedo

2011 ultra 300x - 7 hours on it

please chime in

+1
    Chimeing in been using an aussie scom on both my 300s in two b2b events 62kms pinned wot not backing off ever for approx 30min at 8200rpm, in total over past two years in this event 10+ 300s none have blown up or died from the scom.
    Btw this isn't insurance that its never going to happen to you, shit happens its just the chance we all take

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    3 x 300's totaling over 200hrs , all with aussie scom...zero issues as above, 1 of mine even ran 2012 MH300 at 8000+ rpm for 5hrs
    Waz

+1
    200 mins of riding you mean, unless you counting the time your drunk sitting in the shed necked making vroom vroom noises on it.

bam I'm back kunce.

5. +1 by:

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    170 hours, Aussie SCOM since 10 hours. Heaps of rough water rides, drags, blasts, Bridge to Bridge and Endro. Last compression test was 170 and leak less than 10%. Run exclusively on Shell V-Power 98 RON here in Australia.

Thanks guys

looks like when looking at the other threads the other skis seem to have a lot more trouble with breakdowns. I am really happy with my ski. I rode a 2010 Yamaha ??? before I bought my ultra on a choppy lake and I thought I was getting punched in the balls every time I have a wave - also it was not really comfortable

I love the power - I just want to have that little edge when I need it - so I think I am going to go for the SCOM -

I bought a ultra for me and 1 for my 15 year old son (red & green) - wanted to get some good father and son time while I can - good times

the only thing that sucks is we can only use the skis for about 3-4 months a year - I am still debating the extended warranty, however if the skis have to sit in the garage for 8 months a year - I am not sure that makes any sense

+1
    where I can buy a aussie scom ?

+1
    .............link please .............

+1
    I have had the Riva SCOM on my ski since brand new in early 2011.
    The issue you face is **IF** you have an SCOM related failure it could void the warranty. You also are turning higher RPMS that wear the engine faster than the lower RPMS. Granted every performance owner of any brand ski ups their RPMs so it is very common we all just have different ways of doing it.
    Would I have one on a 300x that I would use only for recreational use? Yes

With the SCOM installed , do you retain all of the speedo functions and read outs? Eco - cruise control - water temp ect..,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information