Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pro 785

Pro 785

Had an issue this past weekend with low pressure in one of my pissers. Checked it out to find one of the pipe fittings had a little pebble inside it. Took a look at the jet nozzle and sure enough the inlet screen was gone.

Did some looking on here and saw that a couple of you had the same thing happen with the inlet screen and got a water strainer to put in line before the water bar. Where do you guys get these? Does it negatively affect flow at all? Figured it be worth looking into in case this happened again somewhere. Dont wanna have to pull the whole pipe system apart to try and find an issue...

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    McMaster Carr
    Here is my part list - I think it has all you'll need to get it done, check my build thread for pics:

8680T16 Chemical-resistant Polypro T-strainer, W/polypro Screen, 3/4 Npt Female, 40 Mesh

8680T44 Repl Polypro Screen For 1/2 & 3/4 Sz, 40 Mesh, Chemical-resistant Polypro T-strainer

4724K72 Low-pressure Cpvc Ball Valve, 3/4" Npt Female

5218K36 Light-weight Plastic Hose Fitting, Polypro, Adapter For 3/4" Hose Id X 3/4" Npt Male

48335K174 Hi-strength White Nylon Threaded Pipe Fitting, 3/4 Pipe Size, Hex Nipple

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone14 View Post
    ... check my build thread for pics:

8680T16 Chemical-resistant Polypro T-strainer, W/polypro Screen, 3/4 Npt Female, 40 Mesh

8680T44 Repl Polypro Screen For 1/2 & 3/4 Sz, 40 Mesh, Chemical-resistant Polypro T-strainer

4724K72 Low-pressure Cpvc Ball Valve, 3/4" Npt Female

5218K36 Light-weight Plastic Hose Fitting, Polypro, Adapter For 3/4" Hose Id X 3/4" Npt Male

48335K174 Hi-strength White Nylon Threaded Pipe Fitting, 3/4 Pipe Size, Hex Nipple
    Make sure the entire assembly is firmly mounted so it cannot bounce around when riding in rough conditions.

Put the shut-off valve before the strainer, so that if the strainer does fail you can shut off the water feed from the jet pump and get towed without water flooding into the hull at speed.

Good point... Bone, where are those part numbers to? Where do I order from?

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    McMaster Carr
    Www.mcmastercarr.com

Oh, never heard of it. Thanks!! Looks really nice in there!

+1
    I've read a bunch about these strainers too. Yamaha jet boaters seem to love them. Thought about putting one on my Rio.

Do they affect the self draining ability of the system?

Stock setup... you can nose-high your ski on the trailer and drain nearly all the water in the engine. If you have the strainer in there... do you create a high point or point in the fresh water system that won't allow it to self drain?

Cheers!

+1
    Here's how I did mine starting at post 99. I put the valve after the filter just because it fit better that way. I would agree the valve before the filter would be the best option in case you ever have a problem with the filter asm and need to get towed in. Not sure why a person would have a problem with the filter on the water, but good idea none the less.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=derwood98

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Here's how I did mine starting at post 99. I put the valve after the filter just because it fit better that way. I would agree the valve before the filter would be the best option in case you ever have a problem with the filter asm and need to get towed in. Not sure why a person would have a problem with the filter on the water, but good idea none the less.

Bowsniper had one crack from hull impact and I recall others that just failed from water pressure or plastic fatigue.

+1
    I have broken several I now do not use any on any of my boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post

Bowsniper had one crack from hull impact and I recall others that just failed from water pressure or plastic fatigue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information