Question Looking for first Ski - Found a Seadoo Wake 215 Pro - Need advice

Just joined the forum and looking to become involved in the world of PWC. I am currently looking for a nice first craft and was wondering if anyone had any advice about the following model:

2008 Seadoo Wake 215 Pro with Triton Aluminum trailer, 6 hours on the clock. Asking price $8,500.

Does this seem reasonable considering age? I can't fault the hours, hardly used. Looks perfect.

One downside is that it has been sitting for about 1.5 years and has a little fuel still in it. Could this be an issue. What would be the best way to "return" this machine after such an extended out of water period?

I do prefer a Seadoo with its closed loop as I do plan to use it in salt water. I am aware that you can use any brand and just flush it (which you should do even with seadoo).

This is basically the machine:

Any advice would be welcome.

Welcome aboard the Hulk!!

With that ski being a 08 I would verify that the low hours are true and not just a low hour guage that's been put in it. You can hook it up at the dealership or Candoo to verify hours on the main computer.
    Also with that low of hours has the ski been properly stored??
    It should have had the motor fogged for extended storage.
    Low hour skis aren't always great finds due to lack of use..
    The valves can develop rust on them when not used or properly stored..

That price is a little high for a 08.
    2014's are out in 1 month..
    I should say that price is high for Florida prices.
    Price depends a lot upon where you are...

3. +1 by:

The Ski has been stored in a garage. It has been properly sprayed in the engine bay after every use.
    Comes with rope, wake board and tube. Has never been serviced (worrying for me).

What is "motor fogged"? Is that the spray?

Without dismantling the engine, can you check for valve rust? The machine started up without an issue.
    This is in Florida, sorry should have mentioned that. This is in Orlando.

I have found deals on Yamaha VX Cruisers for just a little more (new 2013 models) with free trailer and 3 year extended warranty. Wondering whether to start with that but would like to eventually wake board/tube. Wondering whether it be best to buy new at this price.

Any advice welcome.

Garland, Tx
    you can wakeboard and tube behind other skis as well. if your finding new ones for the same prices with warrantys, its a no brainer.

the seller may be proud of thier equipment, but the fact is, its a 2008. Thats 5 years old.

a 2008 with 6 hours on the clock? Do you have time for me to tell you about the great oceanfront property deals that I currently have going on? email me at

Thank you all for your advice. I have decided that it makes sense to purchase new with warranty to remove the headache that it may cause buying an older, even low hours, ski.

Thanks for all your replies.

Fogged is when a oil solution is sprayed inside the motor to prevent corrosion inside. It preserves the inside of the motor.
    The vs skis are nothing compared to the performance of a s/c seadoo.
    That's like a prius racing a Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by karemlore View Post
    Thank you all for your advice. I have decided that it makes sense to purchase new with warranty to remove the headache that it may cause buying an older, even low hours, ski.
    Wise choice. I bought a low hour ski (Yamaha VX Cruiser) that seemed to have been well cared for and ended up having to get the engine rebuilt after 1 season of use. That was like a migraine-level headache.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    That's like a prius racing a Corvette.
    2nding that comment. Karemlore, this is your 2nd post on selection of a new ski and in the 1st you mentioned a RXT-X 260. And now a VX Cruiser. You're talking about opposite ends of the spectrum. Might be a good idea for you to go and either test ride something or rent something to get a feel for where you're wanting to go. Good luck!

Thread Information