Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Looking to find ontario riders GTA, burlington, wasaga, wherever!

Hey guys, i frequent this as a guest, and saw some ontario activity so i thought i'd join. I'm not into the new ski's, more of a vintage guy. Working on a 1988 yamaha waverunner 500 with a few "tweaks". i would like to get out on lake ontario, lake erie, or the surrounding GTA. i can travel to wasaga as well. I dont know many guys with these, i do have a few friends who stick to stunt skis, back flips and such.

Anything put together yet on a site or social network to organise meets on the weekends where we can go out, wrench, rip about and have fun? i want to make use of what little summer we have left!

I organised and maintain a 306 member ontario ranger club on FB currently, so setting up a group on there and gaining traction isn't something new to me, so long as theres interest! lets put something together and meet up at say the burlington lakeshore beaches?

Nate.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The SeaDoo Tours guys try to organize a ride every Friday morning, weather permitting.

I have yet to actually be able to join a ride, schedules and weather have frequently conflicted.

When we ride ourselves, cruise speeds tend to be in the 40-50 mph range, depending on conditions. We trailer wherever, Thousand Islands to Lake St. Clair, Kipawa to Lake Ontario.

We have a cottage on Sparrow Lake, not much time there this year.

+1
    i have no problem trailering wherever. my ski is out of the water 90% of the time going from spot to spot. I have a few friends with a cottage on sparrow lake as well, was there 2 weeks back. cant quite do 40-50, but i will give her snot and do my best. with a 22L take im a little limited on range.

+1
    thinking of heading to lake ontario tomorrow for a water test. just finished rebuilding the jetdrive, and going to put it back in in the morning.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
    thinking of heading to lake ontario tomorrow for a water test. just finished rebuilding the jetdrive, and going to put it back in in the morning.
    I also have a water test planned for Friday (engine computer repaired). Most likely at Scarborough Bluffers Park launch ramp, probably after lunchtime.

+1
    launched at grimsby, ran down to the old abandon ship at the marina, then back. topped up and went out to hutches. anchored off shore and swam in, had dinner and then headed back. was out with a buddy who had a 596 (or something like that) 91 seadoo. hit reserve about 2km from launch. guessing around 60-70 kms covered. a rider with a new seadoo was nice enough to clock me when i could keep the nose down. came in a 32 mph bone stock. now to tweak

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I also have a water test planned for Friday (engine computer repaired). Most likely at Scarborough Bluffers Park launch ramp, probably after lunchtime.
    No water test today, despite the nice weather temps. Too much other stuff needed doing on the single trailer, which is now road ready.

Water test might happen Saturday afternoon, weather and traffic permitting.

+1
    did ya get in in the water?

+1
    did ya get in in the water?
    Spent most of Sunday on the water. On a friend's sailboat for several hours, then water tested the repaired PWC in the late afternoon. It ran just fine, but Lake Ontario was roughish so hard to keep the jet pump hooked up.

This summer has had way too many 'almost hot enough' days.

+1
    yep, last summer i remember feeling like it was an oven. this, pretty cold. im hoping for a mild winter! I ended up working on the ski today. little odds and ends. chipped the bondo out of the HIN number where a patch was done, and made it right. Ordered a super camber 13/18 impeller to help the low end grunt, gave the engine bay a good wipe down, and tidied up the odds and ends. tuned the carb a bit, was too lean low end, and backed the idle adjustment out till it stalls when your off the gas. (old stunt trick a buddy told me) to keep the ski from wanderin away should you fall off. i have had my lanyard come off my vest and not the ski. (very bad kill design)

im thinking of going to the lake saturday or sunday. launching around burlington lakeshore or grimsby. Looks like its going to be 26-28, so thats an improvement over the 13 degrees i saw at 5pm today.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information