just got the seadoo back.

i have a 2000 seadoo gs 718cc that i was going to have worked on at Sherman powersports TX but they wanted $1,250 to replace grey fuel lines,rebuild carbs (due to a lean condition) selector switch,and they said the impellor was "chewed up" im new at workin on these but im not so sure the impellor was what was causing it to stall and bog down and die and restart so i think they may have just been trying to get an extra $650 off of me because i put lock tite on the intake grate when i replaced it myself. and it wasnt even loosened off after getting it back i asked em if they had taken the grate off to inspect the impellor the parts guy said i dont think so but the mechanic is pretty thoural. so i think they mayve tried to jip me for more money . anyone in the southern oklahoma area that can maybe help me do these jobs cheaper than 1250? or know of anyone thanks cody they also said my battery needs replaced whitch i was aware of. could this cause the seadoo to cut out and die and restart and not throttle out? i am new at working on these like i say so that maybe a dumb ? please bare with me i will also add that this whole summer before it started acting up i had to run it on "reserve" to go WOT it would only idle on "on" position thanks.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ford man View Post
    i have a 2000 seadoo gs 718cc that i was going to have worked on at Sherman powersports TX but they wanted $1,250 to replace grey fuel lines,rebuild carbs (due to a lean condition) selector switch,and they said the impellor was "chewed up" im new at workin on these but im not so sure the impellor was what was causing it to stall and bog down and die and restart so i think they may have just been trying to get an extra $650 off of me because i put lock tite on the intake grate when i replaced it myself. and it wasnt even loosened off after getting it back i asked em if they had taken the grate off to inspect the impellor the parts guy said i dont think so but the mechanic is pretty thoural. so i think they mayve tried to jip me for more money . anyone in the southern oklahoma area that can maybe help me do these jobs cheaper than 1250? or know of anyone thanks cody they also said my battery needs replaced whitch i was aware of. could this cause the seadoo to cut out and die and restart and not throttle out? i am new at working on these like i say so that maybe a dumb ? please bare with me i will also add that this whole summer before it started acting up i had to run it on "reserve" to go WOT it would only idle on "on" position thanks.
    holy shit! id ask you to drag it to Illinois and Id do it for half that! your problem is all fuel related. if you have the least bit wrenching ability id say you can do it in 3-4 hours. as for the prop, they probably removed the pump and did it that way. much easier. you can find a nice used prop on here for next to nothing and the tool to do it too!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, about half of that sounds about right. Fyi, my shopm rate is $125/hr.

maybe they use that special gold impregnated fuel line and the new impeller is made out of unobtanium

oh yeah, I never take off an intake grate unless there is a reallllllly good reason. My scope fits in there no problem.

it's $50 a crack to replace snapped off grate bolts btw. They do not need locktite.

+1
    mixed reviews and not a seadoo dealer/ which may explain a bit.

https://plus.google.com/100974079469...s&socpid=1

yeah their shop rate is $85 an hr which i had to pay em 85 just to get it back . and yes their a yamaha and jetski dealer they used to sell new seadoos now they just service em and can you replace the impellor without removing the intake grate? by removing the jet pump i dont need the solas prop just a good one.
    cody

+1
    Ford man please have somebody work on it for you.
    You pulk the pump to access the drive line and impeller.
    You don't go thru the intake grate.

+1
    you can have the prop cheaply refurbished by sbt. Impros too..but a bit more expensive. You can get by with the sbt job for that ski. You have to pull the pump..plenty of info here on getting that done.

+1
    I believe I have a good impeller I'd sell you cheap. Your ski is a very simple one that you can work on yourself with basic hand tools. If you're not comfortable try finding somebody else nearby on this forum that would be willing to wrench on it for you.

okay i appreciate it man, im actually going thursday to a guy i know from work he works on 4 wheelers on the side were going to try to tinker with the ski ill hollar at you if i need an impeller
    thanks cody

Thread Information